We explain how to hard reset the Sony SRS XB12 portable wireless speaker to set it back to its default settings. Hard resetting restores the XB12 to factory default state. Plus, it wipes away any earlier connected Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops this unit from pairing to any nearby BT devices. Also, you might hard reset to get this unit ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from syncing with devices you no longer wish it to sync with.
How to Hard Reset the Sony SRS XB12 Speaker, Step by Step
1. Power UP the XB12
Press the Power button for a half-second or so and then let it go.
E.g. Find the Power button as we show in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a ping-pang tone sound as it boots, should it pair to a nearby device. Or it may make no noise at all if it joins with no devices. Yet whether paired or not, this hard reset routine works the same, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Volume DOWN and Power Buttons At the Same Time
Find both buttons near the bottom of the speaker, as called out in the next picture.
The XB12 then enters hard reset mode.
After a small pause, the speaker powers OFF, and the power lamp goes dark, as shown next. Note that on the SRS XB12, there is no power-OFF sound.
3. Check that Hard Reset of the Sony SRS XB12 Speaker Did Indeed Occur
Next, power on the unit again, as we detail in step 1.
Note that after a hard reset, the XB12 comes up in pairing / discovery mode. The Power lamp blinks blue rapidly to alert you to this. This is a prompt that you may then find this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with How to Hard Reset the Sony SRS XB12 !
Hard reset is now done. So you may now gift or sell this speaker, or link it again with your favorite streaming devices.
After a hard reset, the XB12 no longer auto syncs with any prior paired Bluetooth device. Thus, to set up automatic connecting again, you manually pair it with a device. Then, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and they’re near to each other, pairing automatically happens once more.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB12 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Sony SRS XB12 Buttons Explained
- How to Turn Off the Sony SRS XB12
- Turning On the Sony SRS XB12 Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB12 with iPhone
- Sony SRS XB12 Pairing Instructions
Related Posts to How to Hard Reset Sony SRS XB12
- How to Hard Reset Sony SRS XB10 Speaker
- Hard Resetting the Sony SRS XB13 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Hard Reset Sony SRS XB43 Desktop Speaker
- Hard Resetting the JBL Charge 4 Portable Power Bank Speaker
- How to Hard Reset JBL Xtreme 2 Power Bank Speaker
References for How to Hard Reset Sony SRS XB12
- 2021-09-20: First published.