Here, we walk you through how to install HP DeskJet 3630 wireless printer. In short, do the following.
- Unbox the printer.
- Install the ink cartridges.
- Connect the printer to power.
- Turn it on.
- Add paper.
- Download and install the HP printer drivers and software for the computers or mobile devices you want to print from.
Further, we suggest running printer setup in a spacious, well-lit area where you can access AC power. Then, after all is working well, move your printer to its permanent location.
How to Install HP DeskJet 3630 Series WiFi Printer
1 . Unpack the Printer if New
First, see our HP DeskJet 3632 Printer Unboxing article for details.
The unboxed printer and accessories is shown in the next picture. But skip to the next step if your 3630 series printer is already unboxed.
2. Install the Ink Cartridges if Needed
Next, see our How to Replace Empty Ink Cartridges in HP 3630 Series DeskJet Printer piece for detailed instructions on how to do this.
3. Connect AC Power Cable
Then, find the power port on the back of 3630 series printers, as shown in the next picture.
4. Turn on the Printer, to Continue with How to Install HP DeskJet 3630 Printer
Next, press and release the Power button; the area immediately to the let of the power-on lamp, as illustrated by the pink arrow in the next picture. The power ON light should then blink a few times, and then glow solidly white.
5. Extend the Paper Input Tray
Next, find the tray in the rear of the printer at the top. Further, the input tray has a finger-grip handle in the center. So insert a couple fingers there, and pull up.
6. Adjust the Blue Paper Width Guide all the Way to the Left
This makes way for the largest standard size office paper. Warning: the paper should not cover this guide.
7. Add Paper to the Paper Tray to Continue with How to Install HP DeskJet 3630 Printer
We load ours with twenty or so sheets at a time.
8. Adjust Paper Width Guide to Fit Paper Size you Added
Now once you’ve added the paper, slide the blue paper width guide to the right just until it touches the edge of the paper stack.
9. Then, Install and Set Up the HP Software and Drivers
10. Next, Connect Printer to your Wi-Fi Network
Configuring your HP printer to accept print jobs via WiFi no only gives you more flexibility on where you can install your printer in your home or office (no direct USB printer cable connection required). But this also lets you print right from your wireless mobile devices; particularly if you plan on using WiFi Direct printing.
Now there are at least two ways to set this up; either from a PC, or a mobile device such as an iPad, iPhone, or Galaxy phones and tablets. In either case, visit the HP 123 Product Setup Website on the device / computer you wish to print from. Then enter the printer’s model number (3632 in our case), and finally, follow their instructions for installing the needed drivers and printer software on your computer.
Related Posts to How to Install HP DeskJet 3630 Printer
- How to Replace Empty Ink Cartridges in HP 3630 Series DeskJet Printer
- HP Deskjet 3630 Series Ink Cartridges Details
- DeskJet 3632 HP Printer Unboxing
- HP DeskJet 3632 Wireless Setup Instructions
- Xerox Phaser 3150 Laser Printer Setup, Drivers, and Tid Bits
References for How to Install HP DeskJet 3630 Printer
- 2020-05-05: Added more tags.
- 2019-04-27: Added key word focusing and more tags.
- 2017-01-26: Originally published.