Here, we walk you through how we installed our HP DeskJet 3630 series wireless printer (the HP DeskJet 3632 all in one printer to be exact).
In summary, you would unpack the printer, install the ink cartridges, connect the printer to power, turn it on, add paper, and then install the necessary HP printer drivers for the computers or mobile devices you’ll be printing from.
Ww recommend performing initial printer setup in a spacious, well-lit area where you can access AC power. Then, after everything has been set up and configured, move your printer to its permanent location.
Installation Instructions for the HP 3632 All In One Wireless Printer
1 . Unpack the printer if new. See our HP DeskJet 3632 Printer Unboxing article for details. The unboxed printer and accompanying accessories is shown in the next picture. Skip to the next step if your 3630 series printer is already unboxed.
2. Install the ink cartridges if needed. See our How to Replace Empty Ink Cartridges in HP 3630 Series DeskJet Printer piece for detailed instructions on how to do this.
3. Connect AC power cable. The power port is located on the back of 3630 series printers, as shown in the next picture.
4. Turn on the printer. Press and release the Power button; the area immediately to the let of the power-on lamp, as illustrated by the pink arrow in the next picture. The power ON indicator light should then blink a few times, and then glow solidly white.
5. Extend the paper input tray. Located in the rear of the printer at the top, the input tray features a finger-grip handle in the center. Insert a couple fingers there, and pull up.
6. Move the adjustable blue paper width guide all the way to the left. This makes way for the largest standard size office paper. The paper should not cover this guide.
7. Add paper to the input paper tray. W load ours with twenty or so sheets at a time.
8. Adjust paper width guide to accommodate paper size. Once you’ve inserted the paper, slide the blue paper width guide to the right just until it touches the edge of the paper stack you just added.
9. Install and configure the HP software and drivers on your computer.
10. Connect printer to your WiFi network. Configuring your HP printer to accept print jobs via WiFi no only gives you more flexibility on where you can install your printer in your home or office (no direct USB printer cable connection required), but also allows you to print right from your wireless mobile devices more conveniently; particularly if you plan on using WiFi Direct printing.
There are at least two ways to accomplish this; either from a personal computer, or a mobile device such as an iPad, iPhone, or Galaxy phones and tablets. In either case, visit the HP 123 Product Setup Website on the device / computer you wish to print from, enter the printer’s model number (3632 in our case), and then follow their instructions for installing the necessary drivers and printer management software on your computer.
We will post a piece presently, on how we connected our 3630 series wireless printer to our iPad tablet, including downloading the HP AiO app to our iPad, configuring the printer’s Wi-Fi connection, and printing from the iPad. We’ll place a link to that post here as soon as it’s posted. Stand by.
- How to Replace Empty Ink Cartridges in HP 3630 Series DeskJet Printer
- HP Deskjet 3630 Series Ink Cartridges Details
- HP DeskJet 3632 Printer Unboxing
- HP DeskJet 3632 Wireless Setup Instructions
- 2017-01-26: Originally published.