To pair the Clip 2 JBL speaker with a BT source device for the first time, or to renew the connection data kept on that device, you must know how to make the JBL Clip 2 discoverable by nearby devices. In this discovery mode, the JBL Clip 2 sends out its Bluetooth name and current linkage data over the BT airwaves. So in this article, we show you how to put the JBL Clip 2 tiny speaker into pairing mode, so you can then join it to phones, tablets, computers, and smart speakers.
How to Make JBL Clip 2 Discoverable, Step by Step
1. Turn On the Speaker
Firstly, power up the unit by pressing and releasing its Power button once.
E.g. See this button, pointed at by the bright green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, as pictured next.
2. Press the Discovery Mode Button and Release when the Status Lamp Starts Quickly Flashing
Secondly, to be able to discover your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into pairing mode.
For that, press and release the the Discovery Mode button. E.g. The green arrow points at this button in the next picture.
When you press this button, the speaker makes a plucking guitar pairing sound. Plus, the Status lamp begins fast-blinking blue.
3. Done with How to Make JBL Clip 2 Discoverable !
While the Status light is blinking, you should be able to see your Clip 2 JBL on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, as shown next. Our speaker here is named “JBL Clip 2”.
Other Posts About the JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions, for Default Settings
- How to Charge JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Clip 2 Volume Control Explained
- How to Know if JBL Clip 2 Speaker is Fully Charged
- How to Tell if JBL Clip 2 is Charging
Related Posts to How to Make JBL Clip 2 Discoverable
- Making the JBL Flip 2 Discoverable
- How to Make JBL Flip 3 Discoverable
- How to Make JBL Flip 5 Discoverable
- Making the JBL Flip 4 Discoverable
References for How to Make JBL Clip 2 Discoverable
- 2020-08-15: First published.