To pair the Clip 3 JBL speaker with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to re establish the connection information on that device, you must know how to start off pairing mode on the speaker. In this mode, the JBL Clip 3 announces its Bluetooth name and current linkage data over the BT airwaves. So in this article, we show you how to make the JBL Clip 3 speaker discoverable, so you can join it to phones, tablets, computers, and smart speakers.
How to Put JBL Clip 3 Mini Speaker in Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the Clip 3
Firstly, turn on the speaker by pressing its Power button once.
E.g. See this button, pointed at by the bright green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, as pictured next.
2. Press the Pairing Mode Button and Release when the Status Lamp Starts Quickly Flashing
Secondly, to be able to discover your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into pairing mode. For that, press and release the the Pairing Mode button, as we point out in the next picture.
Next, when you press this button, the speaker makes a plucking guitar pairing sound. Plus, the Status lamp on the top starts quickly blinking white.
3. Done with How to Put JBL Clip 3 in Pairing Mode
While the Status light is blinking, you should be able to see your Clip 3 JBL on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, as shown next. E.g. Our speaker here is named “Tom’s Flip 5”, although if you haven’t renamed yours, it will show up as “JBL Flip 5”.
Other Posts About the JBL Clip 3
- How to Connect JBL Clip 3 to iPhone
- How to Check Battery Life on JBL Clip 3
- Pairing Victor Reader Trek with JBL Clip 3
- JBL Clip 3 Volume Control Explained
- How to Know if JBL Clip 3 is Fully Charged
Related Posts to How to Make JBL Clip 3 Discoverable
- Making the JBL Charge 3 Discoverable
- How to Make JBL Xtreme 3 Discoverable
- Making the JBL Xtreme 2 Discoverable
- How to Make JBL Go 2 Discoverable
- Making the JBL Clip 2 Discoverable
- 2021-08-09: First published.