To connect the JBL Flip 2 with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to fix the connection information on that device, you must know how to make the JBL Flip 2 discoverable. Now when in discovery mode mode, this speaker signals its name and current pairing data over the BT airwaves such that nearby devices can find it, and link to it. So in this post, we show you how to put the JBL Flip 2 into discovery mode (another name for pairing mode). Then finally, you can link to it and play music through it from tablets, phones, smart speakers, and computers.
How to Make JBL Flip 2 Discoverable
1. Turn On the Flip 2
Turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
See this button, pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, as pictured next.
2. Press the Discovery Mode Button and Release when the Power Button Starts Flashing
Now, to be able to discover your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into pairing mode. For that, press and release the the Discovery Mode button, as seen in the next picture.
When you press this Discovery Mode button, the speaker makes a repeated beeping sound. Plus, this button light starts quick-flashing white. See this in the last picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
3. Done with How to Make JBL Flip 2 Discoverable
While the Power button is flashing, you should be able to see your JBL Flip 2 on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, that is within several feet of it, as shown next.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 2 BT Speaker
- JBL Flip 2 Battery Life, How Long the Battery Should Last
- How to Connect JBL Flip 2 to iPhone
- How to Pair JBL Flip 2 with Victor Reader Trek
- JBL Flip 2 Volume Control Explained
- JBL Flip 2 Review and Features of this Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to How to Make JBL Flip 2 Discoverable
- How to Make JBL Flip 3 Discoverable
- Making the JBL Flip 5 Discoverable
- How to Make JBL Flip 4 Discoverable
References for How to Make JBL Flip 2 Discoverable
- 2021-08-09: First published.