To pair the Flip 3 JBL speaker with a BT source device for the first time, or to revise the connection information on file in that device, you have to know how to first make the JBL Flip 3 discoverable. In discovery mode, the speaker sends its Bluetooth name and current connection data over the Bluetooth airwaves. So in this post, we show you how to make the Flip 3 speaker discoverable, so you can join it to phones, tablets, computers, and smart speakers.
How to Make JBL Flip 3 Discoverable, Step by Step Directions
1. Turn On the JBL Flip 3
Firstly, power up the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
E.g. See this button that we point out in green, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, as pictured next.
2. Press the Discovery Mode Button for Two to Three Seconds
Secondly, to be able to find your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into discovery mode. So to do that, press and release the the Discovery Mode button, as circled in the next picture.
Furthermore, when you press this button, the speaker makes a plucking guitar pairing sound.
Plus, the Discovery Mode button lamp starts fast flashing blue. E.g. See this in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
3. Done with How to Make JBL Flip 3 Discoverable
At last, while the Power button is blinking, you should be able to see your JBL Flip 3 on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, that is within several feet of it, as shown next. E.g. Our speaker here is named “Tom’s Flip 3”.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 3
- JBL Flip 3 Charging Time, How Long to Fully Charge
- How to Put JBL Flip 3 in Pairing Mode
- JBL Flip 3 Firmware Update Instructions
- Flip 3 Charging Indicator Shows How Full Battery Is
- JBL Flip 3 Specs, Specifications for this Speaker
Related Posts to How to Make JBL Flip 3 Discoverable
- How to Make JBL Flip 5 Discoverable
- Making the Typical JBL Speaker Discoverable
- How to Make JBL Flip 4 Discoverable
References for How to Make JBL Flip 3 Discoverable
- 2021-08-08: First published.