To pair your SRS XB43 Sony speaker with a Bluetooth device for the first time, or to refresh old connection info in that device, you have to know how to enter this speaker into discovery mode. Now in this mode, this Extra Bass speaker broadcasts its name and currently valid connection handles over the Bluetooth airwaves, so that nearby BT source devices can find and link to it. Thus in this post, we show you how to make the Sony SRS XB43 speaker discoverable, to allow you to link it with phones, tablets, computers, and smart speakers.
How to Make Sony SRS XB43 Discoverable, Step by Step
1. Turn On the XB43
Firstly, turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
E.g. See this button, pointed out by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on.
2. Press and Hold the Pairing Button for Two or Three Seconds
Secondly, this lets you discover your XB43 on your source Bluetooth device. So, place the speaker into discovery mode by pressing and releasing the Pairing button, as we point it out in the next picture.
Additionally, when you press and release this button in a quarter second, the speaker talks to you in a female voice, and she says, “Bluetooth pairing.”
Plus, the Pairing Status lamp begins flashing in a pulse-pulse-pause-pulse-pulse-pause pattern. We point out this light in the last picture.
3. Done with How to Make Sony SRS XB43 Discoverable
Finally, while the Bluetooth Status lamp is blinking, you should see the XB 43 on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, that is within several feet of it, as we see in the last picture above. The speaker appears as “SRS-XB43” there. At this point, you can go ahead and connect to the speaker from your source device.
Other Posts About the XB 43 Speaker
- How to Put Sony SRS XB43 in Pairing Mode
- Sony SRS XB43 Pairing Instructions
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB43 Extra Bass Speaker
- How to Turn On Sony SRS XB43 Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to How to Make Sony SRS XB43 Speaker Discoverable
- How to Make Sony SRS XB13 Bluetooth Speaker Discoverable
- How to Make Sony SRS XB10 Discoverable
- Making the Sony SRS XB12 Mini Wireless Speaker Discoverable
- How to Make UE Wonderboom 2 Discoverable
- How to Make Logitech Wonderboom Discoverable
References for How to Make Sony SRS XB43 Discoverable
- UE Wonderboom Pairing Instructions
- How to Set Up WiFi on Google Home Speaker
- Factory Resetting the JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Turn Off Screen Lock on a Smart Honeywell Thermostat
- Fixing a Scratched DVD Disc
- 2021-09-14: First published.