This post shows how to pair the JBL Boombox Bluetooth speaker power bank with an iPhone, or other iOS or iPadOS based device.
How to Pair JBL Boombox to iPhone
With your Boombox 1 switched OFF (power button is dark), run through these directions to pair it to your iPhone mobile device.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Device
Firstly, press the Home button to bring up the smart device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as we see in the last screenshot.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Pair the JBL Boombox to an iPhone
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is running here. But since our Boombox speaker is currently shut OFF (is not in Bluetooth pairing mode), it does not show up in the BT devices list.
Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with our iOS device before.
5. Turn On your JBL Boombox
Turn on the Boombox 1 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and the Power button flashes or glows blue or lights a steady white, as we see in the next picture.
Note that the Power lamp will blink in some pattern to indicate that the Boombox 1 is ready to receive a Bluetooth pairing request, as we see in the next picture.
If it glows white, then the speaker is passively waiting for a Bluetooth connection request to come in.
But if it flashes blue, then it’s broadcasting its pairing information over Bluetooth so other devices can find it. I.e. The speaker is in pairing mode in this case.
Moreover, since our test iPhone does not know about this speaker, the Boombox will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the Speaker into BT Pairing Mode
Now, to see this speaker on your iPhone, place it into Bluetooth pairing mode if it’s not in that mode already. To do that, press the Bluetooth button, and release when the unit beeps, and the Bluetooth lamp begins its pulse-pulse-pause, pulse-pulse-pause flashing pattern.
Find the Bluetooth button as shown in the last picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
7. Find the Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with How to Pair JBL Boombox to iPhone
See the screen shot next. We found our Boombox, as we point out with the green arrow in the next screenshot.
8. Pair with your Boombox 1
Tap the listed speaker in the discovered devices list.
Your mobile device then pairs with the Boombox.
I.e. The the mobile device’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the screenshot just before this paragraph. Note the now-paired JBL Boombox entry, as pointed at by the green arrows.
9. Done with How to Pair JBL Boombox to iPhone !
At last, we have now successfully paired our Boombox JBL stereo Bluetooth speaker with an iPhone like device.
Other Posts About the JBL Boombox Speaker
- JBL Boombox Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- The Boombox JBL Speaker is Not Charging, How to Fix
- How to Turn On JBL Boombox Extra Bass Mode
- How to Make JBL Boombox Discoverable
- JBL Boombox Charge Time
Related Posts to How to Pair JBL Boombox to an iPhone
- How to Pair Sony SRS XG500 to iPhone
- Sony SRS X11 Speaker Pairing with an iPhone
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB01 to iPhone
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB41 with an iPhone
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB33 to iPhone
References for How to Pair JBL Boombox to an iPhone
- 2022-08-20: First published.