This post shows how to Pair JBL Flip 4 speaker. This demo shows how to do it on iOS devices, like iPhones, iPod Touches, and the iPad Air tablets. But slight variations of this routine also works for pairing this Bluetooth speaker with Android tablets and phones.
How to Pair JBL Flip 4
Start with your JBL Flip 4 powered off (power button is dark). Then run through this routine to pair it to your BT device. Again, we use an iPad Air tablet for this demo.
1. Get to the Home Screen on your Mobile Device
First, press the Home button to reveal the device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the iOS home screen on our iPad Air as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Next, tap the Settings app icon.
The Bluetooth device then displays the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to Bluetooth Settings
Our Bluetooth settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is enabled here. But since JBL Flip 4 is currently OFF, we do not see it in the Bluetooth devices list. Also, it’s not there because we’ve never paired our Flip 4 with this mobile device before. See this as shown in this list of previously paired Bluetooth devices, shown next.
5. Turn On your JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
Then, turn on the JBL Flip 4 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this circled in green, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up.
But since our tablet does not know about this speaker, the Flip 4 will not pair with it automatically. The light that comes on in the power switch signals this not-paired state by glowing solid white, as shown next.
6. Put your JBL Bluetooth Speaker into Discovery Mode
Now, to see your JBL Flip 4 speaker on your iOS device, place the speaker into Bluetooth discovery mode. To do that, press and release the Bluetooth button, as shown in the next picture.
When you press the Bluetooth Discovery Mode button, the speaker makes a repeating single pluck guitar note sound several times. Also, the power button changes from a solid white glow to flashing blue. See this next.
7. Find your JBL Flip 4 on your iOS Device
See the screen shot next. We found our speaker, as pointed at by the purple arrow.
8. Pair with your JBL Flip 4 Portable Speaker
Tap the listed speaker in the Other Devices section of the Bluetooth devices list.
Your iOS device then pairs with the Flip 4 (“Tom’s Flip 4” in this demo). The iOS device’s Bluetooth Settings screen then changes to look something like the following.
9. Done with How to pair JBL Flip 4
We have now successfully paired our JBL Flip 4 portable speaker with our iPad iOS device.
Related Posts to How to Pair JBL Flip 4
- How to Pair JBL Flip 4 with Amazon Echo Dot Speakers
- JBL Flip 4 Change Name, How to Change JBL Bluetooth Speaker Name
- How to Pair Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Review of this Portable Waterproof Speaker
- How to Pair Harman Kardon Invoke as Bluetooth Speaker
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 4 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions
- How to Restart JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- Review of the JBL Flip 4 Portable Waterproof Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Specs, Specifications for this Speaker
- Pairing Instructions for Flip 4 JBL Speaker
References for How to Pair JBL Flip 4
- 2020-04-20: Added more tags.
- 2019-04-01: First released.