This post shows how to pair the Sony SRS XB12 Bluetooth Extra Bass speaker with an iPhone, or other iOS or iPadOS based device.
How to Pair Sony SRS XB12 to iPhone
With your SRS XB12 switched OFF (power button is dark), run through these directions to pair it to your iPhone mobile device. We use an iPad Air computer for this demo, since we do not have an iPhone in shop right now. But the procedure is pretty much identical.
1. Go to the Home Screen on your Device
Firstly, press the Home button to bring up the smart device’s Home screen.
2. Find the Settings App
We found ours on the second page of the Home screen, as shown next.
3. Bring up the Settings App
Thirdly, tap the Settings app icon.
The smart device then shows the first page of its settings, as shown in the next step.
4. Go to the Bluetooth Settings Page to Continue with How to Pair the Sony SRS XB12 to an iPhone
Our Bluetooth Settings screen displays as follows. Note that our Bluetooth is running here. But since our XB12 is currently shut OFF (is not in Bluetooth pairing mode), it does not show up in the BT devices list. Also, we don’t see it since we’ve never paired this speaker with our iOS device before.
5. Turn On your Sony XB12
Turn on the XB12 by quickly pressing its Power button. See this, pointed at by the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then powers up, and its status lamp glows green, as seen in the next picture.
Also, this lamp will blink in a slow flashing pattern to indicate that the XB12 is ready to receive a Bluetooth pairing request.
If it blinks slowly, then it’s passively waiting for a Bluetooth connection request to come in.
But if it flashes quickly, in a three or four blinks per second, then it’s broadcasting its pairing information over Bluetooth so other devices can find it. I.e. The speaker is in pairing mode in this case.
Moreover, since our test iPhone like device does not know about this speaker, the SRS XB12 will not pair with it automatically.
6. Put the Speaker into Bluetooth Pairing Mode
Now, to see this speaker on your iPhone, place it into Bluetooth pairing mode if it’s not in that mode already (flashing quickly). To do that, press and hold the Power button, and release when the unit beeps, and the Status lamp begins its three-pulses-per-second flashing pattern.
Find the Power button as shown above, pointed at by the green arrow.
7. Find the Speaker on your Mobile Device to Continue with How to Pair Sony SRS XB12 to iPhone
See the screen shot next. We found our SRS XB12, as we point out with the green arrow.
8. Pair with your XB12
Tap the listed speaker in the discovered devices list.
Your mobile device then pairs with the SRS XB12.
I.e. The the mobile device’s Bluetooth Settings screen might then change to look something like the following. Note the now-paired Sony SRS XB12 entry, as pointed at by the green arrows in the next screenshot.
9. Done with How to Pair Sony SRS XB12 to iPhone !
At last, we have now successfully paired our XB12 mini BT speaker with an iPhone like device.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB12 BT Speaker
- Sony SRS XB12 Pairing Instructions
- How to Reset Sony SRS XB12 Speaker
- Sony SRS XB12 Battery Indicator Charging Light
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB12 to Alexa Echo
- How to Use the Add Button on the Sony SRS XB12 Speaker
Related Posts to How to Pair Sony SRS XB12 to an iPhone
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB13 with iPhone
- How to Pair JBL Flip 2 with iOS iPad iPhone iPod
- Pair the Wonderboom Speaker with an iPhone
- How to Pair Two Wonderbooms Together
- How to Pair Charge 4 BT Speaker
References for How to Pair Sony SRS XB12 to an iPhone
- 2021-09-08: First published.