You can pause or play of the Google Home Mini talking smart speaker by touching it as follows. You might pause it to stop it from playing audio when ready for bed or when taking a phone call.
When paused, the speaker waits indefinitely for you to resume it. But it forgets the paused content if you issue some other request besides getting it to play again.
How to Pause Google Home Mini
Pause with a Touch
Touch and hold either the volume down area (9 o’clock) on the mini, of the volume up area (3 o’clock). But do not touch both at the same time. Hold until play stops (usually about a second or so).
The volume control areas on the sides of the mini are found as shown in the picture above, highlighted in pink.
Pause with a Voice Command
You can also command her to pause by saying, “Hey Google, pause,” or, “Okay Google, stop.”
Pause in the Google Home App
You can also pause the Google Home Mini from within the Google Home app. Find the speaker in the app that you wish to pause. Then, on that speaker’s Home page, tap the Pause button. Pictures of this to come.
Pausing a Multi Room Group of Google Home Speakers
Note that if your mini is part of a multi room group, and that group is playing a stream to all of its speakers, then pausing the mini will also pause the other speakers in that group.
That’s it! Simple as —- (well, you know).
Other Posts About the Google Home Mini Smart Speaker
- Google Home Mini Pictures Gallery
- Setting Up Google Home Mini Instructions
- Google Home Mini Unboxing, Step by Step
- How to Adjust Volume on Google Home Mini
- Does Google Home Mini Have Bluetooth Yet?
References for How to Pause Google Home Mini
- Google Brings Play and Pause Buttons Back to the Home Mini from The Verge
- Control Google Home by touch from Google Support
- 2020-05-10: Added the Other Posts About… section.
- 2019-04-06: Added key phrase targeting and removed ad code.
- 2018-01-04: Originally published.