To pair the Charge 4 JBL BT speaker with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to download the connection information for the speaker onto that device, you must know how to start off pairing mode on the speaker. In this mode, the JBL Charge 4 broadcasts its Bluetooth name and current linkage data over the Bluetooth medium. So in this piece, we show you how to put the JBL Charge 4 speaker into this Bluetooth pairing mode. Thus, you can join it to tablets, phones, other speakers, and computers.
How to Put the JBL Charge 4 Power Bank Speaker in Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the Charge 4
Firstly, turn on the speaker by pressing its Power button once.
See this button, pointed at by the bright green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, as pictured next.
2. Press the Pairing / Discovery Mode Button and Release when the Status Lamp Starts Quickly Flashing
Secondly, to be able to discover your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into pairing mode. For that, press and release the the Pairing button, as pointed out in the next picture.
Furthermore, when you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes a plucking guitar pairing sound. Plus, the lamp in that same button starts quickly blinking white, as shown next.
3. Done with How to Put JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker in Pairing Mode
While the Pairing button light is flashing, you should be able to see your Charge 4 JBL on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, as shown next.
Moreover, our speaker is named “Tom’s Charge 4” here. But yours will likely appear as “JBL Charge 4” if you have not renamed it.
Other Posts About the JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- Finding JBL Charge 4 Firmware Version
- JBL Charge 4 Charging Time, How Long to Full Charge
- JBL Charge 4 Firmware Update Instructions
- How to Connect JBL Charge 4 to Alexa
- JBL Charge 4 Reset Button, Where to Find It
Related Posts to How to Put JBL Charge 4 Speaker In Pairing Mode
- Putting Wonderboom 1 Speaker into Pairing Mode
- How to Put Alexa in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Xtreme 2 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put Wonderboom 2 Speaker into Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Go 2 in Pairing Mode
References for How to Put JBL Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
- 2020-08-15: First published.