To pair the JBL Flip 2 speaker with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to fix the connection information stored on that device, you must know how to initiate pairing mode on this speaker. In pairing mode, the JBL Flip 2 signals its name and current pairing data over the BT airwaves such that nearby devices can find it, and pair to it. So in this piece, we show you how to put the JBL Flip 2 into pairing mode (another name for discovery mode). In this mode, you can then link to it and finally, play music through it from tablets, phones, smart speakers, and computers.
How to Put JBL Flip 2 Wireless Speaker into Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the Flip 2
Firstly, turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
See this button, pointed at by the greenish arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, as pictured next.
2. Press the Pairing / Discovery Mode Button and Release when the Power Button Starts Flashing
Secondly, to be able to discover your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into pairing mode. For that, press and release the the Pairing button, as circled in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes a repeated beeping sound. Plus, the Pairing button light starts quick-flashing white. See this in the last picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
3. Done !
Finally, while the Power button flashes, you should see your JBL Flip 2 on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, that is within several feet of it, as shown next.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Connect JBL Flip 2 to Alexa
- Pairing JBL Flip 2 with Google Home Original, Mini, Max
- How to Pair JBL Flip 2 with iOS iPad iPhone iPod
- JBL Flip 2 Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- Battery Life on the JBL Flip 2 Speaker, How Long the Battery Should Last
Related Posts to How to Put JBL Flip 2 Speaker Into Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put Ultimate Ears Wonderboom in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Xtreme in Pairing Mode, Xtreme 1
- How to Put JBL Clip 2 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Flip 3 in Pairing Mode
- 2020-08-15: First published.