To pair the Flip 3 JBL speaker with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to repair the connection information stored on that device, you must know how to fire up pairing mode on the speaker. Furthermore, in this mode, the JBL Flip 3 sends out its Bluetooth name and current pairing data over the BT airwaves. So in this piece, we show you how to put the speaker into discovery mode. Thus you can then link to it and finally, play music through it from tablets, phones, smart speakers, and computers.
How to Put JBL Flip 3 Portable Speaker into Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the Flip 3
Firstly, turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
See this button, pointed at by the arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, as pictured next.
2. Press the Pairing / Discovery Mode Button and Release when the Power Button Starts Flashing
Secondly, to be able to discover your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into pairing mode. For that, press and release the the Pairing button, as circled in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes a plucking guitar pairing sound. Plus, the Power button light starts quick-flashing blue. See this in the next picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
3. Done with How to Put JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker into Pairing Mode
Finally, while the Power button is flashing, you should be able to see your JBL Flip 3 on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, that is within several feet of it, as shown next. Our speaker here is named “Tom’s Flip 3”, although if you haven’t renamed yours, it will show up as “JBL Flip 3”.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Firmware Update Instructions
- How to Pair JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 with Victor Reader Trek
Related Posts to How to Put JBL Flip 3 Speaker Into Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put Ultimate Ears Wonderboom in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Xtreme in Pairing Mode, Xtreme 1
- How to Put JBL Clip 2 in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Flip 4 into Pairing Mode
References for How to Put JBL Flip 3 into Pairing Mode
- 2021-08-08: Fixed some bad links.
- 2020-08-15: First published.