To link the Go 3 JBL speaker with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to reset the connection info stored on that device, you must know how to switch to discovery mode on the speaker. You must be aware of this because in this mode, the JBL Go 3 calls out its Bluetooth name and current linkage data on the BT airwaves. So in this post, we show you how to put this tiny JBL Go 3 speaker into pairing mode, so you can connect it to phones, tablets, computers, and smart speakers.
How to Put JBL Go 3 BT Speaker in Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the Go 3
First, turn on the speaker by pressing its Power button once.
See this button, pointed at by the blue arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, as pictured next. Further, the pilot lamp on the right panel slow-blinks white or steady white, depending on speaker’s current pairing state.
But whether it’s currently paired or not, you can follow the next steps to pair it anew with a Bluetooth source device.
2. Press the Pairing / Discovery Mode Button and Release when the Status Lamp Starts Quickly Flashing
Now, to be able to discover your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place it into pairing mode. For that, press and release the the Pairing button, as pointed out in the next picture by the blue arrow.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes a plucking guitar pairing sound. Plus, the Status lamp starts quickly blinking white, as shown next.
3. Find your Speaker on a Phone or Tablet
Then, while the Status light on the speaker blinks, you should be able to see your Go 3 JBL on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, as shown next on our iPad that’s nearby.
4. Done with How to Put JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker in Pairing Mode
Finally, your speaker is now in pairing mode, as you verified in the previous step.
Other Posts About the JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Go 3 Factory Reset Instructions
- JBL Go 3 Reset Instructions to Fix Pairing Problems
- How to Restart JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Go 3 Red Light Stays ON, Won’t Turn OFF
- JBL Go 3 Low Frequency Mode, Extra Bass
Related Posts to How to Put JBL Go 3 Speaker In Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put Ultimate Ears Wonderboom in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Xtreme in Pairing Mode, Xtreme 1
- How to Put JBL Clip 2 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Flip 3 in Pairing Mode
References for How to Put JBL Go 2 in Pairing Mode
- 2021-07-16: First published.