To pair the Xtreme 3 JBL speaker with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to refurbish the connection information stored on that device, you must know how to begin pairing mode on the speaker. Moreover, in this mode, the JBL Xtreme 3 advertises its Bluetooth name and current linkage details on the BT airwaves. So in this post, we show you how to put the JBL speaker into discovery / pairing mode. With this information, you can then join it to phones, tablets, computers, and smart speakers.
How to Put JBL Xtreme 3 Power Bank Speaker into Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the Xtreme 3
Firstly, turn on the speaker by pressing and releasing its Power button once.
See this button, pointed at by the bright green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on, as pictured next.
2. Press the Pairing / Discovery Mode Button and Release when the Bluetooth Button Starts Flashing
Secondly, to be able to find your speaker on your source Bluetooth device, place the speaker into pairing mode by pressing and releasing the the Pairing button. E.g. The green arrow points out this button in the next picture.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker makes a plucking guitar pairing sound. Plus, the lamp inside the same button starts fast-flashing white. See this in the last picture, just to the right of the Power button.
3. Done with How to Put JBL Xtreme 3 into Pairing Mode
Finally, while the Bluetooth button is flashing fast, the speaker is in pairing mode, and so, you should be able to find your Xtreme 3 on any phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, that is within a small number of feet of it, as seen next. For example, our speaker here is named “JBL Xtreme 3”.
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Check JBL Xtreme 3 Battery Life
- JBL Xtreme 3 Specs and Features of this Speaker
- Finding JBL Xtreme 3 Firmware Version
- JBL Xtreme 3 Reset Instructions, Solves Many Problems
- JBL Xtreme 3 Firmware Update Instructions
Related Posts to How to Put JBL Xtreme 3 Speaker In Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Xtreme 2 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Charge 5 in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Boombox in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Xtreme 1 in Pairing Mode
References for How to Put JBL Xtreme 3 into Pairing Mode
- 2021-08-06: First published.