To pair your SRS XB12 Sony speaker with a Bluetooth device for the first time, or to refresh old connection info in that device, you have to know how to start up discovery mode on this BT speaker. Furthermore, in this mode, the speaker broadcasts its name and currently valid connection information over the Bluetooth airwaves. So in this post, we show you how to put the Sony SRS XB12 speaker into pairing mode, to let you to link it with phones, tablets, computers, and smart speakers.
How to Put Sony SRS XB12 Speaker into Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the Speaker
Firstly, Turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power button.
E.g. See this button, that we point out with the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on.
2. Press and Hold the Power Button for Two or Three Seconds
Secondly, this allows you to discover your XB12 on your source Bluetooth device. So, place the speaker into pairing mode by pressing and holding the the Power button, as pointed out in the first picture above.
When you press this Pairing button, the speaker plays two high beeps. Plus, the status lamp begins rapidly flashing blue.
3. Done with How to Put Sony SRS XB12 Wireless Speaker in Pairing Mode
Lastly, the Status lamp is blinking, you should be able to see the XB12 on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or smart speaker, that is within several feet of it, as shown next.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB12 Bluetooth Speaker
- Sony SRS XB12 Battery Indicator Charging Light
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB12 to iPhone
- Factory Hard Resetting the Sony SRS XB12 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB12 is Charging
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB12 Extra Bass Speaker
Related Posts to How to Put the SRS XB12 Sony Speaker in Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Charge 4 in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Xtreme in Pairing Mode, Xtreme 1
- How to Put JBL Clip 2 in Pairing Mode
- Putting JBL Flip 3 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put JBL Flip 4 into Pairing Mode
References for How to Put the Sony SRS XB12 Speaker in Pairing Mode
- 2020-08-26: First published.