To pair your SRS XB22 Sony speaker with a Bluetooth source device for the first time, or to refresh old connection info in that device, you have to know how to start pairing mode on the speaker. Moreover, in this mode, the speaker broadcasts its name and connection data over the Bluetooth airwaves. Your source device needs this information to pair to the speaker, and subsequently, play music on it. So in this post, we show you how to put the Sony SRS XB22 speaker into pairing mode, to let you to join it with tablets, phones, computers, and smart speakers.
How to Put Sony SRS XB22 Speaker into Pairing Mode
1. Turn On the XB22
Turn on the speaker by rapidly pressing its Power-Pairing button. Note that this button not only turns the speaker ON and OFF, but it also triggers pairing mode, as we discuss below.
E.g. See this button, that we point out with the green arrow, in the next picture.
The speaker then comes on.
2. Press and Hold the Power-Pairing Button for Two to Three Seconds
Secondly, This lets you see your XB22 on your source BT device. So, place the speaker into pairing mode by pressing and holding the this button, as pointed out in the first picture above.
When you press this button, the speaker announces, “Bluetooth pairing,” in a female voice. Plus, the Bluetooth Status lamp begins rapidly flashing blue.
3. Done with How to Put Sony SRS XB22 Speaker in Pairing Mode
While the Bluetooth Status lamp is flashing, you should be able to see the XB22 on any in-range phone, computer, tablet, or assistant speaker, that is within several meters of it, as shown next.
Note in the last picture, that the speaker appears as “SRS-XB22”. So now, you could connect to the XB22 if you wish.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB22 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB22 Bluetooth Speaker
- Factory Resetting the Sony SRS XB22 BT Speaker
- How to Make Sony SRS XB22 Discoverable
- How to Check Sony SRS XB22 Battery Life
Related Posts to How to Put the SRS XB22 Sony Speaker in Pairing Mode
- How to Put Sony SRS XB21 in Pairing Mode
- How to Put Sony SRS XB01 in Pairing Mode
- Putting the Sony SRS X11 Bluetooth Speaker into Pairing Mode
- How to Put Sony SRS XB43 into Pairing Mode
- Sony SRS XB13 Speaker, How to Put into Pairing Mode
- 2020-09-25: First published.