You may need to know how to reboot the Echo Dot 3rd Generation Amazon smart speaker if it behaves strangely, becomes non responsive to commands and questions, puts out unusual sounds, and so on. And since Alexa speaker rebooting is so easy, then before getting into any intense troubleshooting, always try a speaker reboot first. This often clears up many problems such as Wi-Fi connectivity issues. Plus, trying a reboot may avoid the perhaps unnecessary action of hard resetting your speaker. If you do that, then you’ll need to set up the unit again. So rebooting is a potentially time-saving step if it fixes the problems you’re trying to solve, without erasing any settings or account information.
How to Reboot Echo Dot 3rd Generation
Unplug the Speaker from Household Power
If you’re near the speaker, you can just unplug it from AC power.
2. Then Wait Ten to Fifteen Seconds
Pause for ten seconds or so while the speaker’s RAM memory clears and the system completely powers down.
3. Next, Power the Speaker Back Up Again to Continue with How to Reboot Echo Dot 3rd Generation
Then plug the speaker back in again to mains power.
4. Wait for the Unit to Boot
The speaker completes rebooting in less than a minute, and you’ll know when it’s finished when the light ring goes completely dark.
5. Test Out the Speaker
Once the speaker shows as online in the Alexa, reboot has finished successfully, and you can try some commands and questions.
6. Done with How to Reboot the Echo Dot 3rd Generation Alexa Speaker
Hopefully, rebooting corrects any issues you had. If not though, then you might try more involved steps. E.g. Like factory resetting your speaker, and then setting it up again from scratch. See our links in the sections below for instructions on how to take those more drastic measures. Good luck.
How to Reboot the Speaker Remotely
We know of no way to accomplish remote rebooting of this speaker at this time.
Related Posts to How to Reboot Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- How to Reboot Google Home Mini Speaker
- Chromecast Audio Device, How to Reboot
- How to Reboot Invoke Speaker by Harman Kardon
- Microsoft Invoke Speaker, How to Reboot
- How to Reboot Samsung Galaxy J7 Sky Pro Phone
Other Posts About the Echo Dot 3rd Generation Smart Speaker
- How to Setup WiFi on Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Charger Specs & Details
- How to Connect Echo Dot 3rd Generation to WiFi
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Reset Instructions
- Resetting Echo Dot 3rd Generation to Factory Settings
- How to Restart Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- How to Set Up Echo Dot 3rd Generation
References for How to Reboot Echo Dot 3rd Generation Alexa Speaker
- 2020-09-14: First posted.