You may need to know how to reboot a speaker in the Echo Dot line if it behaves strangely, becomes non responsive to commands and questions, puts out unusual sounds, and so on. And since Alexa speaker rebooting is so easy, then before getting into any complicated troubleshooting, always try a speaker reboot first. This often straightens out many problems such as WiFi connection issues. Plus, a simple reboot may avoid the perhaps unnecessary effort of hard resetting your speaker. If you reset, then you’ll need to set up your speaker again. So rebooting is a potentially time-saving step if it fixes the problems you’re trying to solve, without erasing any settings or account information.
How to Reboot Echo Dot Speaker
We demonstrate this on the Echo Dot 3 model.
Unplug the Speaker from Mains Power
If you’re near the speaker, you can just unplug it from AC.
2. Then Wait a Quarter Minute
Pause for ten seconds or so while the speaker’s RAM memory clears and the system completely powers down.
3. Next, Power the Speaker Back Up Again to Continue with How to Reboot an Echo Dot
Then plug the speaker back in again to mains power.
4. Wait for the Unit to Boot Up
The speaker completes rebooting in less than a minute, and you’ll know when it’s finished when the light ring goes completely dark.
5. Test Out the Echo Dot
Once the speaker shows as online in the Alexa app and the light ring goes out, reboot has finished successfully, and you can try some commands and questions.
6. Done with How to Reboot the Echo Dot Assistant Speaker
Hopefully, rebooting heals any issues you had. If not though, then you could try more involved steps. E.g. Like hard resetting your speaker, and then setting it up again as though it was brand new. See our links in the sections below for details on how to take those more drastic measures. Good luck.
How to Reboot the Echo Dot Remotely
We know of no way to accomplish remote rebooting of this speaker at this time.
Related Posts to How to Reboot Echo Dot
Other Posts About the Echo Dot Speaker
- How to Put Echo Dot in Pairing Mode, Amazon Alexa Dot
- Pairing JBL Clip 3 with Echo Dot Speakers
- How to Setup WiFi on Echo Dot Speakers
- Reconnect Echo Dot to New WiFi, How To
- How to Connect Echo Dot to WiFi
- How to Connect Echo Dot to Bluetooth Speaker
- Echo Dot Reset Button Location on Gen 1, 2, and 3 Dots
- How to Hard Reset Echo Dot Speakers
- Change Echo Dot Wake Word, How To
- How to Factory Reset Echo Dot Speaker
- Use Echo Dot as Bluetooth Speaker, How To
- How to Restart Echo Dot Smart Speaker
- Echo Dot Reset Instructions, How to Reset Echo Dot
- How to Connect Pandora to Echo Dot
- Restart Echo Dot Instructions, How to Restart Alexa Dots
- How to Reset Echo Dot Speaker Assistant
- Echo Dot Quick Fixes, Tips, Problem Solving Help
- How to Pair Echo Dot with Bluetooth Speaker, Echo Dot 2
- How to Link Pandora to Echo Dot Speaker
- Deregister Echo Dot Instructions, How to Deregister
- How to Connect JBL Speaker to Echo Dot
- How to Connect Echo Dot to Internet
References for How to Reboot Echo Dot Alexa Speaker
- 2020-09-14: First posted.