Here, we cover how to reboot Invoke speaker by Harman Kardon. You reboot if the speaker shows bad performance, goes quiet or does not answer voice requests. It may emit weird noises, break up, chirp or squeak. Or, the speaker may suffer other oddities. In any case, always try a speaker reboot first (described here). Why reboot? Because rebooting is an easy step. Plus, it often clears up many problems. Rebooting further avoids having to hard reset your Invoke and then go through the pain of setting it up again if you can help it.
How to Reboot Invoke Speaker by Harman Kardon
Neither the speaker itself, nor the Cortana app that controls it, has a button or link for rebooting this device. So the easiest way to reboot this talking speaker is to unplug it from power, wait a short time, and then reconnect it. Do this as follows.
1. First, Unplug the Invoke Talking Speaker from AC Power
Just unplug its AC wall power supply as shown next.
2. Then Wait Around Ten Seconds
This allows the Invoke to clear out any bad data from its working memory, as well as to shut down all the way.
3. Lastly, Plug the Harman Kardon Invoke Back Into AC Power
The HK Invoke then cold-boots, clearing out any errant program entries and many software-caused faulty behaviors.
Rebooting often returns the Invoke to right operation. Further, we believe that as firmware updates for the HK Invoke come out, any need for routine reboots will go away.
Related Posts to How to Reboot Invoke Speaker
- Reconnecting to Wi-Fi on the Harman Kardon Invoke Cortana Talking Speaker
- How to Reboot the Google Home Mini Smart Speaker
- How to Reboot the Google Chromecast Audio Receiver Device
- How to Reset Microsoft Invoke Cortana Speaker, Hard Reset
- Samsung J7 Force Restart Instructions, How to Restart Phone
References for How to Reboot Invoke Speaker
- 2020-04-16: Added more tags.
- 2019-03-11: Simplified key phrase targeting and title.
- 2018-05-25: First published.