To control your Honeywell smart t-stat remotely, you must first register and connect to it at the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort (TCC) web site. So here, we show how to register Honeywell WiFi thermostat RTH9580WF online, on that site.
How to Register Honeywell WiFi Thermostat RTH9580WF Online: Prerequisite Steps
1. Install your Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
Skip this step if you’ve already installed your t-stat and it is powered on, and showing its Home screen. If you haven’t, see our Honeywell Smart Thermostat Wiring Instructions RTH9580WF post for tips on mounting and wiring this new t-stat.
2. Connect your T-stat to your WiFi Network with Internet Access
Secondly, skip this step if you’ve already done this. But if you haven’t, then see our Change WiFi Network on Honeywell Smart Thermostat RTH9580WF piece for tips on how to link the t-stat to your home or office WiFi network.
3. Create an Account on the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort (TCC) Web Site
Thirdly, you’ll need a working account over there to register and control your t-stat remotely. Again, skip this step if you’ve already set up a TCC account. If you have not, then visit the TCC web site here, and on the login page, click the Create an Account button, and then follow the instructions.
4. Gather the T-stat Info to Continue with How to Register Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
Now to add your t-stat to your TCC account, you’ll need its MAC address and CRC code. Find this info printed in the manuals that come with a new t-stat. But you may also get it from the t-stat itself, as follows. But if you have this data already, then skip down to Step 5.
How to Register Honeywell WiFi Thermostat RTH9580WF Step by Step Instructions
5. Look at the T-stat Home Screen
6. Tap the Yellow Message Box
Find this on the left center of the screen, as shown in the last picture.
Then, this brings up a Notification screen, as shown next, that tells you that an online registration is needed.
7. Tap the Wi-Fi Setup Button
The Wi-Fi Setup screen displays then, as shown next. Note that in this demo, we connect the t-stat to our 937T681J4059H_2G WiFi network, though it is as of yet, unregistered. Thus you should connect to the WiFi you pointed it at in Prerequisite Step 2 above.
We’ve “pink-painted over” our t-tat’s MAC address and CRC value in these pictures.
8. Write Down CRC and MAC Address Shown to Continue with How to Register Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
Now you will need these values from your t-stat in the steps next, to register it.
9. Visit the Honeywell Total Connect Comfort Web Site
Next, point your web browser at https://www.mytotalconnectcomfort.com/ .
You’ll then see the login screen, as shown next.
10. Enter your TCC Account User Name and Password
11. Press the red Login Button
If this is the first time you’ve signed into the TCC web site, and you’ve never set up any locations before, then you’ll see the following screen. Furthermore, at that screen, you must set up at least one location to register your t-stat in. We detail how to do that in the next steps.
But if you already have defined this location, then that will appear on the My Locations screen, as shown in the next picture. Skip ahead to step 12 in that case, to continue.
11a. Tap the Black Add Location Button to Continue with How to Register Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
The Add Location screen then displays, as shown next.
11b. Type in the Info Asked For About the Location you Want to Define
In our demo, we define a location named Graystone. Enter the location’s name, physical address, region, city, state. But don’t forget to choose the location type (home or building).
11c. Tap the Red Submit Button
Next, the site displays the Register Device page, as shown next. From here, jump down to Step 9 to continue.
12. Tap the Settings Button on the Already-Defined Location
Following, you’ll then see the Edit My Location screen, as shown next.
13. Tap the Black Add Device Button to Continue with How to Register Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
Find this near the lower left corner of the screen.
This brings up the Register Device screen, as shown next.
14. Enter the MAC Address and CRC Value you Wrote Down in Step 4 Above
15. Tap the Red Submit Button
The system then briefly displays the Device Registration In Progress screen as shown next.
Next, after a few seconds, you get the Thermostat Registration Successful screen, as follows.
16. Tap the Black View Button
This takes you then to your t-tat’s status screen, as shown next.
17. Done with How to Register Honeywell WiFi Thermostat !
Stop here. Your t-stat is now registered. So, you may now control it via the internet and the TCC web site or app. Enjoy.
Fixing Registration Problems
If you received an “already registered” message as you follow the steps above, then you’ll need either to contact the previous owner of the thermostat (if you bought it used) and have them delete that device from their TCC account. Or if you cannot do that, you must call Honeywell customer service at 1-855-733-5465 for assistance.
Other Posts About the Honeywell RTH9580WF Thermostat
- Unregister Honeywell Thermostat RTH9580WF Instructions
- How to Calibrate Honeywell Thermostat Temperature RTH9580WF
- Honeywell Smart WiFi Thermostat Manual RTH9580WF
- Restore Factory Defaults, Honeywell Smart Thermostat RTH9580WF
- Setting Temperature Differential, Honeywell Smart Thermostat RTH9580WF
References for How to Register Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
- Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat (RTH9580WF) Official Product Page from Honeywell
- User Guide for the Honeywell 9000 Series Color Touchscreen Thermostats from Honeywell
- 2020-04-19: Added the Fixing Registration Problems section, and added more tags.
- 2019-05-24: Tuned the targeting for ‘Register Honeywell WiFi Thermostat’ and added more tags.
- 2017-03-05: Originally posted.