You might reset Echo Spot smart speaker and reset settings to their factory default values, to correct faulty behavior, put it on a different Amazon account, or to prepare it for sale or gifting. Further, when troubleshooting this speaker, it’s always best, before deciding that the Amazon Echo Spot is damaged, to attempt a factory hard reset. In this piece thus, we offer these reset instructions that show how to factory reset echo spot.
What you Should Do First
Power up your Echo Spot before proceeding.
How to Reset Echo Spot Amazon Speaker to Factory Default Settings
1. Swipe Down from Screen Top
Pull down the main menu screen as shown in the next pictures.
This reveals the Echo Spot control menu, as shown next.
2. Tap the Settings Button
This is the gear-shaped icon near the top right edge of the main menu screen, as pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
The Settings screen then displays, as shown next.
3. Scroll Down the Settings Screen to Continue with How to Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings
You can navigate the Settings screen by moving finger up on the Echo Spot touchscreen.
You’re looking for the Device Options item.
4. Stop Swiping when you See the Device Options Menu Item
See this item displayed next.
5. Tap the Device Options Item
This brings up the Device Options screen, as shown next.
6. Move Finger Up On Screen to Continue with How to Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings
This scrolls down through the Device Options list.
You are looking for the Reset to Factory Defaults option, as shown next, pointed at by the green arrow.
7. Tap the Reset to Factory Defaults Option
You then get the Reset to Factory Defaults confirmation screen. Here, Echo Spot warns us that resetting will deregister it from our Amazon account. Then, after the factory reset finishes, it explains that we can register Echo Spot again with either the same account, or a different Amazon account. Finally, the Spot asks if we really want to deregister it.
8. Tap the Confirmation / Yes Button to Continue with How to Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings
That is, tap the right arrow button in the lower right edge of the touchscreen, pointed at by the green arrow in the last picture.
The Reset of the Echo Spot to Factory Settings Begins
The Echo Spot then begins the hard factory reset. It lets us know this by briefly displaying an orange light ring around the outer edge of the screen face, as shown next.
Echo Spot Goes Dark Briefly
Next, after several seconds, the unit powers off, and accordingly, the screen goes blank and dark. Shown next.
Echo Spot Starts Booting
After another few seconds, the smart speaker comes on again and begins booting. The Amazon logo screen first appears as shown next.
Next, a sort of Wait screen displays, with a white light ring and flashing blue dots, as shown next.
Various Logo Screens Then Appear
Then, the Echo logo screen appears, as the speaker erases all previously used WiFi and account information from its memory, as displayed next.
Then, the Optimization Process Begins
Optimization consumes the most time during the hard reset process, taking several minutes to finish. As it runs, the Amazon Spot displays a round progress bar ring that slowly advances while it optimizes its software and other resources. Shown in the next three pictures.
Finally, the Echo Spot Reset to Factory Settings Process Finishes
Next, after system optimization finishes, the Spot speaker displays the blue Getting Your Device Online… screen, as shown next.
Lastly, after several seconds, the hard reset finishes. You’ll know it’s done successfully when the Select Device Language screen appears, as shown next.
At this point, the factory reset Echo Spot operation has finished, and you may now set up your Alexa Spot again, or get it ready to sell or gift.
Other Posts About the Echo Spot Video Speaker
- Echo Spot Change WiFi Network Instructions Amazon Alexa Spot Speaker
- Updating Firmware Echo Spot Amazon Alexa Speaker Instructions
Related Posts to How to Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings
- How to Reset JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- Echo Sub Reset Instructions
- How to Reset Honeywell WiFi Thermostat
- Reset HP DeskJet 3630 Printer Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions
- Resetting Google Home Mini Speaker Instructions
- Amazon Dot 2 Reset Instructions
- Reset Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat Instructions
- JBL Flip 2 Reset Instructions to Solve Speaker Problems
- Reset UE Roll Speaker Instructions
- UE Wonderboom Reset Instructions
- Reset WiFi on Netgear WNCE2001 Internet Adapter
- JBL Flip 3 Reset Instructions
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Chromecast Audio to Factory Settings, How To
- JBL Charge 4 Speaker Reset Instructions
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Reset Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Instructions to Fix Speaker Problems
- Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH8580WF Instructions
- Honeywell RTH9580WF Thermostat Reset Instructions
- Reset iPod Video Apple Player Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions
- Belkin Wireless Extender Reset Instructions
- Reset Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker Instructions
- iPod Nano 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Belkin N600 F9K1122 Extender Booster Repeater Instructions
- Belkin Range Extender Reset Instructions, F9K1122 vX
- Xfinity Remote Reset XR2 U2 Instructions
References for How to Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings
- 2019-04-12: Tweaked the tags list.
- 2018-12-04: First published.