This demo shows how to reset Honeywell touchscreen thermostat back to factory default settings. We show how to do this on the model RTH9580WF WiFi thermostat. Resetting a touchscreen thermostat like this one erases lock screen passwords and screen color changes. Plus, it clears the WiFi network info it uses to get onto the internet. Further, resetting restores this t-stat to factory default status.
Reset by following the routine next. We suggest this action when fixing t-stat issues as well such as incorrect temperature readings, HVAC system being stuck on or off, and other problems Why? Because resetting helps assure that faulty settings are not causing the issue. In fact, the problem often disappears after a reset.
Keep in mind though, that after reset, a touchscreen t-stat usually forgets any user changed settings. So you must re enter your WiFi and furnace type settings again once reset completes. Also, most touch screen thermostats lose any custom program schedules you put in. That is, resetting restores the default daily heating and cooling schedules. So again, you may need to set them again to your specific requirements.
How to Reset Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat
Before you Begin
Before resetting, get the RTH9580WF booklet. Most thermostat packages include this pamphlet. But if you’ve misplaced yours, locate one online at Honeywell’s web site.
Write down the program in your touchscreen t-stat if you’ve changed it from the default program, and you wish to add it back in after the reset.
Then, run through the menus. Record any parameters that you’ve modified for your heating / cooling systems. These include filter-change reminders, fan mode, WiFi network credentials, heating and cooling system types, thermostat name, location, Etc.
Now to the Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat Reset Procedure
1. Bring Up the Main Menu
Tap the Menu button on the touch screen, as shown above at the top right corner of the Home screen. Then, scroll down by pressing the down arrow key. Then, stop at the Preferences button, as shown next.
2. Tap the Preferences Button
Tapping the Preferences button brings up that screen. When you see it, scroll with the down-arrow key. Then stop at the Restore Factory Defaults button as circled in red in the next picture.
3. Then, Tap the Restore Factory Defaults Button to Continue with How to Reset Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat
Touch the Restore Factory Defaults button.
Many Honeywell touchscreen thermostats them prompt you to say that you indeed want to reset it, as shown next.
4. Next, Tap the Green Yes Button
WARNING: Touching this button erases all user settings and info in the Honeywell touchscreen t-stat. So DO NOT reset until you know or have written down this data. Don’t proceed until you’re certain that you can set it up with your furnace / HVAC system details. Get help from an HVAC technician if unsure.
Now if you clearly wish to erase all settings, tap the green Yes button. Or, press the red No button.
Then, pressing the Yes button, starts the a touchscreen thermostat resetting. The display shows the Restoring Factory Default Settings screen for some seconds, as shown next.
5. Next, the Touchscreen Thermostat Resets its Settings to Factory Default Values
6. Next, the T-Stat Reboots as it Continues with How to Reset Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat
After boot-up, the t-stat gets ready for you to enter new settings data. While it works, it shows the Please Wait screen as follows.
7. Then, the Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat Then Enters Setup Mode
Finally, the t-stat asks for some starting data. Why? Because it needs this to work after reset, as shown next.
Follow the prompts to enter that data about your WiFi network and furnace system.
8. You’re Finished !
You have now reset your Honeywell touchscreen thermostat back to its factory default settings. Now is the time to reprogram any settings that you wish to customize for your home.
Other Posts About Honeywell Thermostats
- Honeywell WiFi 9000 Color Touchscreen Thermostat Review
- How to Change Honeywell Thermostat Temperature Setting
- Restarting a Honeywell Thermostat Instructions
- How to Clear Schedule on Honeywell Thermostat
- 7 Day Programmable Thermostat Reviews
- Unregister Honeywell Thermostat Instructions
- How to Reconnect Honeywell Thermostat to WiFi
- Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat RTH7600D Review
- How to Register Honeywell Wi-Fi Thermostat Online for Remote Control, RTH9580WF
- Factory Reset Alexa Instructions, Dot, Spot, Echo
- How to Fix Honeywell Thermostat Not Following Schedule
Related Posts to Reset Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat Instructions
- Echo Sub Reset Instructions
- Reset HP DeskJet 3630 Printer Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Reset Instructions
- Resetting Google Home Mini Speaker Instructions
- Amazon Dot 2 Reset Instructions
- JBL Flip 2 Reset Instructions to Solve Speaker Problems
- Reset UE Roll Speaker Instructions
- UE Wonderboom Reset Instructions
- Reset WiFi on Netgear WNCE2001 Internet Adapter
- JBL Flip 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Echo Spot to Factory Settings, How To
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Chromecast Audio to Factory Settings, How To
- JBL Charge 4 Speaker Reset Instructions
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Reset Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Instructions to Fix Speaker Problems
- Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH8580WF Instructions
- Honeywell RTH9580WF Thermostat Reset Instructions
- Reset iPod Video Apple Player Instructions
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions
- Belkin Wireless Extender Reset Instructions
- Netgear WNCE2001 Reset Instructions
- Reset Echo Spot WiFi, How To Instructions
- JBL Flip 4 Reset Instructions
- Reset Ultimate Ears Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker Instructions
- Alexa Echo Dot Reset Instructions
- Reset Harman Kardon Invoke Speaker Instructions
- iPod Nano 3 Reset Instructions
- Reset Belkin N600 F9K1122 Extender Booster Repeater Instructions
- Belkin Range Extender Reset Instructions, F9K1122 vX
- Xfinity Remote Reset XR2 U2 Instructions
References for How to Reset Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat
- 2019-05-09: Tuned the targeting for ‘Reset Honeywell Touchscreen Thermostat’ and added tags.
- 2019-02-06: First posted.