If your HP 3630 series printer (including the 3632 that we’re demonstrating here), ever behaves strangely, or you need to update its wireless network settings, you can perform a hard reset, that restores the printer to factory default settings. Once restored, you can then enter new printer settings from scratch, to connect it to a different wireless network. Here, we perform this factory default reset on the HP DeskJet 3632 printer copier scanner.
Restore HP DeskJet 3632 Printer to Factory Default Settings
1 Turn printer on. Press and quickly release the Power button, located as shown by the pink arrow in the next photo.
2. Wait for printer to finish powering up. You’ll know it’s done when it stops making noise, and the Power button glows with a steady white light.
3. Press and hold in the power button, as shown above. Don’t release it however, until you perform the next two steps.
4. Press and release the Start Copy Black button twice, as pointed at by the pink arrow in the next picture.
5. Press and release the Cancel (red x) button thrice (three times). See location for it in the next picture.
6. Wait for the Wi-Fi network status light to start blinking white. The light is located as illustrated in the next picture. When it does, the printer has erased the old information from its memory, and is now ready to be programmed with new wireless network credentials.
7. You’re done! You may now set up your HP printer, which has now been restored to its factory default (fresh out of the box) settings.
- How to Install HP DeskJet 3630 Series Wireless Printer
- How to Replace Empty Ink Cartridges in HP 3630 Series DeskJet Printer
- 2017-01-23: Originally published.