We show you here how to reset a JBL Go 2 Bluetooth speaker, to restore it to its default factory settings. Resetting restores this speaker to factory default state. Plus, it erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from the speaker’s memory. Clearing these stops the speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the reset. Also, you might reset to make it ready or sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with whenever you turn it on.
How to Reset JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
1. Turn on the Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until the status lamp on the front top lights up and the guitar strum sound plays.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Guitar Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The JBL Go 2 Bluetooth speaker is ready for use after this sound finishes. It may or may not pair with a device, depending on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Go 2. Whether paired the reset works the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP and Bluetooth Buttons Together to Continue with How to Reset JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
Find the Bluetooth and UP Volume buttons. The BT button is on the top panel, second button in from the left edge of the speaker, and the Volume UP button is two buttons to its right. We circled both buttons in the next picture.
The JBL Go 2 Bluetooth speaker then enters reset. Within a second or two, the unit powers off after reset finishes, the falling guitar strum sounds, and after the status lamp goes dark, as shown next.
4. Check that the Reset of the JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker Did Indeed Work
Next, power on the speaker again, as described in step 1 above.
Note that after reset, our speaker came up in ready-to-pair mode, with the status lamp rapidly flashing blue.
5. Done with How to Reset JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker !
Reset of the JBL Go 2 Bluetooth speaker is now done. So you may now gift or sell it, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After reset, the speaker no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device that happens to be in range and in Bluetooth pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you would manually pair the Go 2 with a desired device. Then after that, any time that both this speaker, and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing would automatically take place again.
Other Posts About the JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker Specifications
- How to Charge JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Go 2 Review of this Portable Bluetooth Mini Speaker
Related Posts to How to Reset JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Reset Echo Dot Speaker Assistant
- How to Reset Google Home Mini Speaker
- Reset Amazon Alexa Echo Gen 2 to Factory Settings, How To
- How to Reset Alexa Echo Gen 2 Dot to Factory Settings
- Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH9580WF, How To
- How to Reset Invoke Cortana Speaker, Hard Factory Reset
- Reset UE Wonderboom Speaker, How To
- How to Reset Echo Spot Smart Speaker, Restore Proper Operation
- How to Reset Instant Pot WiFi Pressure Cooker
- Reset Alexa Echo Speaker, How To
- How to Reset HP Deskjet 3632 to Solve Problems
- Reset Xfinity Remote XR2 U2 Remote, How To
- How to Reset JBL Speaker Flip 5, Reset Bluetooth
- How to Reset Echo Alexa Smart Speakers
- Reset Google Home Speakers, How To
- How to Reset JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Reset JBL Xtreme Power Bank Speaker
References for How to Reset JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- 2020-06-25: First posted.