How to reset the JBL Xtreme Bluetooth speaker shows how to restore the speaker to its default factory settings. Resetting erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from memory, and stops the Xtreme from pairing to any nearby active Bluetooth devices that happen to be in range. Also, you might reset the unit to get it ready for sale or re gifting. So learn how to reset it in the following paragraphs.
How to Reset JBL Xtreme Speaker
1. Turn on the JBL Xtreme
When the unit is off, all buttons are dark, including the Power button, as shown next.
Then, press and release the Power button. That button should right away light up as shown in the following pictures. Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above, pointed at by the green arrow.
Next, the Power button comes on, as shown next. In our case, since we’ve paired the Xtreme with a tablet before, it automatically pairs with it now. We know that because the Power button glows solid blue, rather than blinking blue or white. Yours may glow different colors or flash patterns depending on the speaker’s pairing state.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The speaker is ready for resetting after this sound dies down. If your Xtreme pairs with an in-range Bluetooth device, you’ll also hear the three rising single guitar notes a few seconds after the startup cord. Nonetheless, whether or not the speaker pairs with a Bluetooth device does not change how you reset it. In either case, how you reset the JBL Xtreme is the same, as we detail next.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together
See the next picture to find the Pause Play and UP Volume buttons.
The Xtreme then enters reset mode, as shown in the next picture.
Note that both the Power and Connect+ buttons light up for a couple seconds as the factory default reset advances. The Power button glows a pale blue or white, and the Connect+ button glows gray-white for a second or two. We circled these buttons in green, as shown next.
Then after a short pause, the unit turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Next, Check that Resetting Did Indeed Occur
Next, power on the Xtreme again, as described in step 1 earlier. In short, press and release the Power button, as shown next.
Now this time, after reset, the speaker immediately comes up in Bluetooth discovery mode, as pictured next.
Note that we did not press the Bluetooth button first, as after reset, the speaker automatically enters Bluetooth pairing mode. Note that the Power button blinks blue to denote Bluetooth discovery mode. When the Power button blinks blue or shows as solid white, the Xtreme is not currently paired. We expect it not to pair to anything after a reset.
5. Done with How to Reset the JBL Xtreme !
Reset of the JBL Xtreme is finished now. So you may now pack it up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
As noted earlier, the Xtreme will no longer automatically pair with any previously paired in-range Bluetooth device in pairing mode. So, to restore this auto pairing, you’ll need to forget the previously paired Xtreme listed in the Bluetooth devices section of your source device settings. Once done, then manually pair the Xtreme with that device again if so desired. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically happen once again.
Related Posts to How to Reset the JBL Xtreme
- Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH9580WF, How To
- Reset Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker Instructions
- How to Reset JBL Clip 2 Speaker
- Reset Echo Spot Smart Speaker, How To
- How to Reset Invoke Cortana Speaker, Hard Factory Reset
- Reset JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker, How To
- How to Reset Google Home Mini Speaker
- Reset Instant Pot WiFi Pressure Cooker, How To
- How to Reset HP Deskjet 3632 to Solve Problems
- How to Reset JBL Flip 5 Speaker, Reset Bluetooth
- Reset Alexa Echo Speaker, How To
- How to Reset Xfinity Remote XR2 U2
- Reset Amazon Alexa Echo Gen 2 to Factory Settings, How To
- How to Reset Google Home Speakers
- How to Reset Amazon Echo 1 Speaker
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme Power Bank Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Reset Button Location, Where to Find It
- Pair JBL Xtreme to iPhone, How To
- How to Find JBL Xtreme Speaker Firmware Version Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Low Frequency Mode, How to Switch ON
- How to Pair JBL Xtreme with Amazon Alexa Echo Speakers
- Pair JBL Xtreme with Google Home, How To
- JBL Xtreme Buttons Meanings, Button Combinations
- How to Charge JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Charger Cord Specs
- Updating Firmware on JBL Xtreme Speaker, How To
- JBL Xtreme Power Cord AC Adapter Charger Specs
- How to Connect JBL Xtreme with iPhone
- JBL Xtreme Change Name, How to Rename this BT Speaker
- How to Tell if JBL Xtreme is Charging
- JBL Xtreme Speaker Specs, Specifications
References for How to Reset the JBL Xtreme BT Speaker
- 2020-05-14: First published.