Show you how to reset your Sony SRS XB32 Extra Bass speaker to its default settings. Resetting restores the 32 to default state. Plus, resetting erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. This stops the speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices. Furthermore, you might reset to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing wirelessly with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
How to Reset the Sony SRS XB32 Speaker, Step by Step Details
1. Turn the 32 ON
Press and release the Power button for a half-second or so. Find the Power button as shown in the next picture.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
The speaker may make a two-tone sound when it powers up, to announce that it has paired, should it sync to a nearby device. Or it may play no sound at all if it does not. But whether the unit pairs or not though, this reset routine works the same way, as follows.
2. Press and Hold the Power and Volume DOWN Buttons Together
Find these buttons as shown next. They are both on the top button panel, as we point out in the next picture.
The XB32 then enters the reset program in its software.
Then after approximately five seconds, the speaker shuts OFF, and the status lamp goes gray, as shown next. So release the buttons at this point. Note that on the SRS XB32, there is no power-OFF sound.
3. Check that your Sony SRS XB32 Speaker Did Indeed Reset
Next, power on the unit again, as detailed in step 1 above.
Note that after reset, the XB32 comes up in pairing mode. The Pairing lamp quickly blinks blue to let you know this. It should not sync with any device fresh after a reset.
E.g. See this in the next picture.
This is a signal that you may then look for this speaker on a nearby BT device, and pair to it if you so desire.
4. Done with How to Reset the Sony SRS XB32 !
The reset is now complete. So you may now sell or gift the speaker, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
After a reset, the XB32 no longer automatically links with any Bluetooth device. So to restore auto joining, you manually pair it with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, and are in range, pairing would automatically take place once more.
Related Posts to How to Reset Sony SRS XB32
- Resetting the Sony SRS XB01 Personal Speaker
- How to Reset the Sony SRS X11 Speaker Cube
- How to Reset Sony SRS XB23 Wireless Speaker
- Sony SRS XB41 How to Reset
- How to Reset Sony SRS XB33 BT Speaker
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB32 Speaker
- Making the Sony SRS XB32 Discoverable
- Putting the XB32 in Pairing Mode
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB32 Wireless Speaker
- Sony SRS XB32, How to Shut Off
- How to Turn Off Lights on the XB32
References for How to Reset the Sony SRS XB32
- 2021-09-28: First published.