Here, we show how to reset the Wonderboom 2 portable Bluetooth speaker. which returns the speaker to its factory default settings.
Resetting wipes any paired Bluetooth devices from memory. Moreover, clearing this data prevents the unit from connecting to any nearby BT devices after the reset. Further, you might reset to ready the speaker for sale or re-gifting. Or, perhaps you simply wish to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer listen to on it when you power it up.
How to Hard Factory Reset the Wonderboom 2 Speaker, Step by Step
1. Turn on the Wonderboom 2
Press and release the Power button. The status lamp in that button lights and you hear a power-up sound. We circled the Power button in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on solid or it blinks, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The Wonderboom 2 makes an interesting electronic sounding noise when it turns on, and the unit is then ready for use when this sound stops.
Now it may or may not pair with a device. That depends on whether you have any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Wonderboom 2. Whether paired or not, the reset works as follows.
3. Be Sure the Wonderboom 2 is Not Paired with Anything Prior to Reset
This speaker may not answer to the reset command while connected with a source Bluetooth device. So disconnect it before resetting.
4. Press the Power and the Volume DOWN Button Together for Five to Eight Seconds
Find the Power and Volume DOWN buttons. The Power button is on the top of the speaker, near the front. Volume DOWN is the long plum line on the front, near the bottom. See these both pointed out by the green arrows in the next picture.
The Wonderboom 2 then enters reset. Within a couple seconds, the unit switches off. Next, the falling electronic ker-plunk sound plays. Then the lamp in the Power button goes dark, as shown next.
5. Check that your Speaker Did Indeed Reset, to Continue with How to Reset Wonderboom 2
Next, power on the speaker again, as detailed in step 1 above.
After reset, the Wonderboom 2 comes up in ready-to-connect mode, with the Pairing lamp rapidly flashing white.
6. Done with How to Reset the Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth Speaker !
The reset operation is finished now. So go ahead and gift or sell it, or connect the speaker anew with your BT devices.
Finally, don’t forget to delete any now-stale connections to this speaker from your source BT devices that you set up before resetting. These will no longer work. So you should “forget” them in your source device’s settings pages.
Other Posts About the Wonderboom 2 Speaker
- How to Tell if Wonderboom 2 is Charging
- Wonderboom 2 Charge Time, How Long for Full Charging
- How to Put Wonderboom 2 Speaker into Pairing Mode
- Wonderboom 2 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator
- Buttons Codes Functions Combinations on the Wonderboom 2 Speaker
Related Posts to How to Reset Wonderboom 2 Wireless Speaker
- JBL Clip 3 Reset Routine
- Hard Reset Google Home Speaker, How To
- Echo Dot 3rd Generation Reset Directions
- JBL Go Hard Factory Reset Instructions for JBL Go and Go 2 Speakers
- How to Factory Reset JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Factory Reset Wonderboom 2 Speaker
- 2021-08-10: Revised the internal links and tags lists.
- 2020-09-02: First released.