Here, we give reset Wonderboom Bluetooth speaker instructions that return the speaker to its default factory settings.
Resetting the Wonderboom speaker wipes any paired Bluetooth devices from memory. Clearing this data prevents the Wonderboom from connecting to any nearby BT devices after the reset. Further, you might reset to ready the Wonderboom for sale or re-gifting. Or, perhaps you simply wish to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer listen to on it when you power it up.
How to Reset Wonderboom Speaker, Step by Step
1. Turn on the Wonderboom
Press and release the Power button. The status lamp in that button lights and you hear a power-up sound. We circled the Power button in the next picture.
Then, the status light comes on solid or it blinks, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The Wonderboom makes a unique electronic sounding noise when it turns on. The speaker is then ready for use when this sound stops.
Now it may or may not pair with a device. That depends on whether you have any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Wonderboom. Whether paired or not, the reset works as follows.
3. Be Sure the Wonderboom is Not Paired with Anything Prior to Reset
This speaker does not answer to the reset command while connected with a source Bluetooth device. So disconnect it before resetting.
4. Press the Power and the Volume DOWN Button Together for Five to Eight Seconds
Find the Power and Volume DOWN buttons. The Power button is on the top of the Wonderboom, near the front. Volume DOWN is the long plum line on the front, near the bottom. See these both pointed out by the green arrows in the next picture.
The Wonderboom speaker then enters reset. Within a couple seconds, the unit switches off afterwards. Next, the falling electronic ker-plunk sound plays. Then the status lamp in the Power button goes dark, as shown next.
5. Check that your Wonderboom Speaker Did Indeed Reset, to Continue with How to Reset Wonderboom Speaker
Next, power on the speaker again, as detailed in step 1 above.
After reset, the Wonderboom comes up in ready-to-connect mode, with the pairing lamp rapidly flashing white.
6. Done with How to Reset Wonderboom Speaker !
The Wonderboom reset is finished now. So go ahead and gift or sell it, or connect it anew with your BT devices.
Don’t forget to delete any now-stale connections to the Wonderboom speaker from your source BT devices that you set up prior to resetting. These will no longer work. So you should “forget” them in your source device’s settings pages.
Other Posts About the Wonderboom Speaker
- Wonderboom Speaker Charger, Which One to Use
- How to Pair Wonderboom Speaker with iPhone
- Wonderboom Speaker Pairing Instructions
- How to Charge Wonderboom Speaker
- How to Adjust Volume on UE Wonderboom Speaker
Related Posts to How to Reset Wonderboom Speaker
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Button Location on this JBL Speaker
- How to Reset Echo Dot Speaker Assistant
- Where is Reset Button on Google Home Speaker
- How to Reset JBL Xtreme Power Bank Speaker
- JBL Go Hard Factory Reset Instructions for JBL Go and Go 2 Speakers
References for How to Reset Wonderboom Speaker
- 2020-04-13: Added tags.
- 2019-06-29: Tweaked the targeting for ‘Reset Wonderboom’, and added more tags and links.
- 2019-04-01: First released.