Sometimes, most remote controls develop strange behaviors which need a hard reset to clear up. So in this post, we show you how to reset Comcast remote Xfinity XR2 U2 back to its factory default state. If you hard reset the XR2 U2 though, remember that this remote may not work again until you reprogram it. So, do not run this hard reset routine unless you know how to set the Comcast XR2 remote up again.
The Reset Comcast remote XR2 U2 process often fixes many problems. Explicitly, key presses not working. Stuck-on lights. Keys sending bad commands The channel UP DOWN buttons change volume instead. Pressing the SAT key switches the Comcast remote to DVD player mode instead of SAT.
Static charge snaps when you pick up the remote, may change the settings. Static might raise these errors. Also, almost-dead batteries may change the remote’s programming.
Comcast remotes are not immune to these issues. And, they will not repair themselves until you hard reset the remote control to its default state. Then, program it again from scratch.
How to Reset Xfinity Remote XR2 U2 Cautions and Warnings
Round up the make and model numbers of your home A/V equipment. That is, get them for your cable box, DVR, TV, and any other device you control with this Comcast remote. You’ll need this data to reprogram the flipper after reset.
Further, before resetting, make sure you have the remote’s set up instructions. The Comcast XR2 U2 remote has them printed on its back.
Finally, put new batteries in. Make sure that you’re working with a fresh set of batteries before reset. You don’t want them to go dead during the reset. Why? Because fading batteries during reset could brick this Comcast remote, and render it junk forever.
How to Reset Xfinity Remote XR2 U2
- First, place this Comcast remote into Setup mode. Press the Setup button until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
- Then, Enter the factory reset code. Press the digits 9-8-1. This starts the reset action.
- Then, the reset completes. The LED blinks green two times, to confirm that the XR2 U2 remote finished the reset.
- Done! The hard reset is complete, and the Comcast remote is now ready for set up and reprogramming.
Other Posts About Universal Remote Controls
- CLIKR-5 UR5U-8520L Universal Remote Control Review
- Comcast Xfinity X1 DVR Review
- PHAZR-5 UR5U-9000L-AB Universal Remote Control Review
- Philips SRU4208WM/17 Universal Remote Review
- XR2 Remote Control, Xfinity U2 Review
Related Posts to How to Reset Xfinity XR2 U2 Remote Control
- How to Reset JBL Xtreme Boombox Speaker
- Reset Echo Dot Speaker Assistant, How To
- How to Reset Google Home Mini Speaker
- Reset Amazon Alexa Echo Gen 2 to Factory Settings, How To
- How to Reset Alexa Echo Gen 2 Dot to Factory Settings
- Reset Honeywell Thermostat RTH9580WF, How To
- How to Reset Invoke Cortana Speaker, Hard Factory Reset
- Reset UE Wonderboom Speaker, How To
- How to Reset Echo Spot Smart Speaker, Restore Proper Operation
- Reset JBL Clip 2 Speaker, How To
- How to Reset Instant Pot WiFi Pressure Cooker
- Reset Alexa Echo Speaker, How To
- How to Reset HP Deskjet 3632 to Solve Problems
- How to Reset Echo Alexa Smart Speakers
- Reset Google Home Speakers, How To
- How to Reset JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Reset Bluetooth Speaker JBL Flip 5
References for How to Reset Xfinity Remote XR2
- How to Program your Comcast Remote Xfinity XR2 U2, from DigitalLanding.com
- Comcast Remote Control Buttons Don’t Work – Troubleshooting from Comcast
- 2018-05-20: First published.