We show here how to restart the Charge 3 Bluetooth speaker, and in turn, how to restore it to its default settings. Restarting also erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops the speaker from auto pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the restart. Also, you might restart the unit, to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
How to Restart Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
1. Turn on the Charge 3
Press and release the Power button. It should immediately light up.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button comes on, as shown next. In our case, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth discovery mode. We know that because the Power button glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The Charge 3 is ready for resetting after this sound finishes.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together to Continue with How to Restart Charge 3
See the next picture to find the Pause Play and UP Volume buttons.
The Charge 3 then begins the restart process, as shown in the next picture. Note that both the Power and Connect buttons light up for a couple seconds as the restart proceeds. The Power button glows a pale blue, and the Connect button glows gray-white. We circled these buttons in green, as shown next.
Then after a short pause, the unit turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound. The next picture shows the speaker, powered down. All buttons are dark.
4. Check that the Restart Did Work
Next, power on the speaker again, as detailed in step 1 above. In short, press and release the Power button, as shown next.
Now this time, now after restart, our speaker right away comes up in Bluetooth discovery mode, as shown next. Thus, we did not have to press the Bluetooth button first. The speaker automatically enters pairing mode after a full restart. Note that the Power button blinks blue to indicate Bluetooth pairing mode. When this button blinks blue or shows as solid white, the speaker is not currently paired. We expect it not to pair to anything after a restart.
5. Done with How to Restart Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker !
Speaker restart is now finished. You may now pack the Charge 3 up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
Note that the Charge 3 will no longer automatically pair with any previously paired, in range Bluetooth device. So, to restore auto pairing, you’ll need to forget the previously paired Charge 3 listed in the Bluetooth devices section of your source device settings, if any. Once you do that, then manually pair the speaker with that device again if so desired. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on and are in range of each other, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the Charge 3 Power Bank Bluetooth Speaker
- Charge 3 Firmware Update, How To, Tips, Help
- Reset Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker, How To
- How to Recharge Charge 3 Speaker
Related Posts to How to Restart JBL Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Echo Dot Smart Speaker
- Restarting Chromecast Audio
- How to Restart Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Restarting Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Restarting the JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Google Home Speaker
- How to Restart Google Home Mini Speaker
- Restarting JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Samsung Galaxy J7 Android Phone
- Restart Honeywell Thermostat, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot, Amazon Dot
- Restart Alexa Smart Speaker, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Dot Smart Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- Restarting JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot Speaker
- Restart Amazon Echo Dot Speaker, How To
- How to Restart JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Force Restart Samsung J7
References for How to Restart JBL Charge 3
- 2020-06-30: First published.