We show here how to restart the JBL Charge 3 speaker details here, and in turn, how to restore this Bluetooth speaker to its default settings. Restarting also erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops the speaker from auto pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the restart. Also, you might restart the unit, to get it ready for sale or re-gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
How to Restart JBL Charge 3
1. Turn on the Speaker
Press and release the Power button. It should immediately light up.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button comes on, as shown next. In our case, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth discovery mode. We know that because the Power button glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The Charge 3 is ready for resetting after this sound finishes.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together to Continue with How to Restart JBL Charge 3
See the next picture to find the Pause Play and UP Volume buttons.
The JBL Charge 3 then begins the restart process, as shown in the next picture. Note that both the Power and Connect buttons light up for a couple seconds as the restart progresses. The Power button glows a pale blue, and the Connect button glows gray-white. We circled these buttons in green, as shown next.
Then after a short pause, the unit turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound. The next picture shows the speaker, powered down. All buttons are dark.
4. Check that the JBL Charge 3 Did Work
Next, power on the speaker again, as detailed in step 1 above. In short, press and release the Power button, as shown next.
Now this time, now after restart, our speaker right away comes up in Bluetooth discovery mode, as shown next. Thus, we did not have to press the Bluetooth button first. The speaker automatically enters Bluetooth pairing mode after a full restart. Note that the Power button blinks blue to denote Bluetooth pairing mode. When this button blinks blue or shows as solid white, the speaker is not currently paired. We expect it not to pair to anything after a restart.
5. Done with How to Restart JBL Charge 3 !
Speaker restart is now finished. You may now pack the speaker up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
The JBL Charge 3 will no longer automatically pair with any previously paired, in range Bluetooth device. So, to restore automatic pairing, you’ll need to forget the previously paired JBL Charge 3 listed in the Bluetooth devices section of your source device settings, if any. Once you do that, then manually pair the speaker with that device again if so desired. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on and are in range of each other, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the JBL Charge 3 Power Bank Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing JBL Charge 3 with Google Home Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 Low Frequency Mode, How to Switch It
- How to Run JBL Charge 3 Firmware Check
- JBL Charge 3 Speaker Review, Features, Specs
- Updating Firmware on JBL Charge 3, How To
- JBL Charge 3 Change Name, How to Rename It
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Charge 3 Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Buttons Guide, What Each Button Does
- Specs for the JBL Charge 3 Power Bank Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Reset Button, Where It Is Located
- How to Tell if JBL Charge 3 is Charging
- JBL Charge 3 Charger Adapter Specs
- Finding JBL Charge 3 Firmware Version
- JBL Charge 3 Picture Gallery for this Wireless Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Recharge Charge 3 Speaker
- JBL Charge 3 Charging Instructions, How to Recharge
- Pairing Victor Reader Trek with JBL Charge 3, How To
- JBL Charge 3 Firmware Update Instructions
- Pairing JBL Charge 3 with Amazon Alexa Echo Dot
- JBL Charge 3 Google Home Pairing Instructions
- Charge 3 JBL Speaker Factory Reset Instructions
- JBL Charge 3 How to Pair with iOS Devices
Related Posts to How to Restart JBL Charge 3
- Restarting the JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Google Home Speaker
- How to Restart Samsung Galaxy J7 Android Phone
- Restart Honeywell Thermostat, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot, Amazon Dot
- How to Restart JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- Restarting JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Restart JBL Charge 3
- 2020-06-29: First published.