We show here how to restart your JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth speaker to its default settings. Restarting restores this speaker to factory default state. Plus, it also erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from the speaker’s memory. Clearing these stops the Flip 3 JBL from pairing to any nearby BT devices after the restart. Also, you might restart your speaker to get it ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
How to Restart a JBL Flip 3
1. Turn on the Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until it lights up.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button lights up along with the battery power scale, as shown next. In our case, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth discovery mode. We know that because the Power button glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The JBL Flip 3 makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The JBL Flip is ready for use after this sound ends.
3. Press the Volume UP and Phone Buttons Together to Continue with How to Restart JBL Flip 3
See the next picture to find the Phone and UP Volume buttons.
The JBL Flip 3 then runs its restart routine, as shown in the next picture. Note that all lamps light up for a couple seconds as the restart happens.
Then after a short pause, the speaker turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that your JBL Flip 3 Did Restart
Next, power on the speaker again, as described in step 1 above. Press and release the Power button, as shown in the last picture.
Now this time, after restart, our speaker comes up in Bluetooth pairing mode, as shown next. Note that the Power button blinks blue to designate this. When the Power button blinks blue or shows as solid white, the JBL Flip 3 is not currently paired. We expect it not to pair to anything after a restart.
5. Done with How to Restart JBL Flip 3 !
The JBL Flip 3 restart is now finished. You may now pack it up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices. This JBL speaker will no longer automatically connect with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range and in Bluetooth pairing more. To restore this auto pairing, manually pair the Flip 3 with a device. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on and are in range, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to Reset JBL Flip 3 Speaker?
Follow the instructions above in this post to reset the Flip 3 to factory default state.
How to Start JBL Flip 3?
How to Switch on JBL Flip 3?
When the speaker is OFF, quickly press and release the power button, as shown in the next picture. This switches the Flip 3 on, and the unit powers up fully several seconds after that.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 3
- How to Adjust Volume on JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Charging Indicator Shows How Full Battery Is
- How to Pair JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 to Google Home
- JBL Flip 3 Firmware Update Instructions
- How to Charge JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 with Victor Reader Trek
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 3 is Charging
- JBL Flip 3 Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 with iPhone. iPad, iPod, iOS
- JBL Flip 3 Specs, Specifications for this Speaker
- Flip 3 JBL Review of this Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Change Name, How to Rename JBL Speaker
- Updating Firmware on JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Buttons Guide, What Each Button Does
- Where is the JBL Flip 3 Reset Button Located
- Charging JBL Flip 3 Instructions for Fully Recharging
- Finding JBL Flip 3 Firmware Version
- JBL Flip 3 Charging Instructions for Longest Battery Life
Related Posts to How to Restart JBL Flip 3
- How to Restart Echo Dot Smart Speaker
- Restarting Chromecast Audio
- How to Restart Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Restarting Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- How to Restart Google Home Speaker
- Restarting Google Home Mini Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- Restarting JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Samsung Galaxy J7 Android Phone
- Restart Honeywell Thermostat, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot, Amazon Dot
- Restart Alexa Smart Speaker, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Dot Smart Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- Restarting JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot Speaker
- Restart Amazon Echo Dot Speaker, How To
- How to Restart JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Force Restart Samsung J7
References for How to Restart JBL Flip 3
- 2020-06-28: First published.