Explains how to restart the JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth speaker to return it to default settings. Restarting erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops this speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the restart. Also, you might restart this JBL speaker to get it ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with.
How to Restart JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 4
Press and hold the Power button until it lights up.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button lights up along with the battery power scale, as shown next. Here, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth pairing mode. We know that because the Power button is glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising rock guitar strum sound when it powers up. The Flip is ready for use after this sound finishes.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together
See the next picture to find the Play-Pause and UP Volume buttons.
The speaker then enters restart, as shown in the next picture. Note that both the Bluetooth and Power buttons light up gray white for a couple seconds. Shown next.
Then after a short pause, the speaker turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that your JBL Flip 4 Did Restart
Next, power ON the speaker again, as described in step 1 above.
Now this time, after restart, the speaker comes up in Bluetooth discovery mode, as shown next. Note that the Power button blinks blue to denote this. When the Power button blinks blue or shows as solid white, this means that the JBL Flip 4 is not currently paired. Indeed, we expect it not to pair to anything after a reset.
5. Done with How to Restart JBL Flip 4 !
Restarting is now finished. You may now pack up the speaker for sale, or pair it again with your favorite BT devices. The unit will no longer automatically connect with any previously paired in range Bluetooth device. So to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, manually pair the speaker with a tablet or phone. Then, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth activated, pairing will automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 4 BT Speaker
- Review of the JBL Flip 4 Portable Waterproof Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Specs, Specifications for this Speaker
- Pairing Instructions for Flip 4 JBL Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Low Frequency Mode, How to Turn On
- How to Pair JBL Flip 4 with iOS Devices
Related Posts to How to Restart JBL Flip 4
- How to Restart Echo Dot Smart Speaker
- Restarting Chromecast Audio
- How to Restart Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Restarting Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Echo Dot 3rd Generation
References for How to Restart JBL Flip 4
- 2020-06-28: First published.