Explains how to restart the JBL Flip 5 speaker to return it to default settings. Restarting erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from its memory. Clearing these stops it from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the reset. Also, you might restart this BT speaker to get it ready for sale or re gifting, or to stop it from pairing with devices you no longer wish it to connect with.
How to Restart JBL Flip 5 Speaker
1. Turn on the JBL Flip 5 Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until it lights up.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the Power button lights up along with the battery power scale, as shown next. Here, since we’ve paired the speaker with Bluetooth devices before this, it does not enter Bluetooth discovery mode. We know that because the Power button is glows solid gray, rather than blinking blue.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising rock guitar strum sound when it powers up. The Flip 5 is ready for use after this sound finishes.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together
See the next picture to find the Play-Pause and UP Volume buttons.
The speaker then enters restart, as shown in the next picture. Note that both the Bluetooth and Power buttons light up gray white for a couple seconds. Shown next.
Then after a short pause, the speaker turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Check that the Speaker Restart Worked
Next, power on the speaker again, as described in step 1 above.
Now this time, after restart, our speaker comes up in Bluetooth pairing mode, as shown next. Note that the Bluetooth button blinks white to denote this. When the Bluetooth button blinks, this means that the JBL Flip 5 is not currently paired. Indeed, we expect it not to pair to anything after a restart.
5. Done with How to Restart JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker !
Restarting is now finished. You may now pack up the speaker for sale, or pair it again with your favorite BT devices. The unit will no longer automatically connect with any previously paired Bluetooth device that is in range. To restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, manually pair the JBL Flip 5 with a tablet or phone. Then, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically take place once more.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5
- JBL Flip 5 Charger Type, Replacement
- How to Factory Reset JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 5 Hard Reset Instructions
- JBL Flip 5 Factory Reset Instructions
Related Posts to How to Restart JBL Flip 5
- How to Restart Echo Dot Smart Speaker
- Restarting Chromecast Audio
- How to Restart Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Restarting Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Restarting the JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Google Home Speaker
- How to Restart Google Home Mini Speaker
- Restarting JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Samsung Galaxy J7 Android Phone
- Restart Honeywell Thermostat, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot, Amazon Dot
- Restart Alexa Smart Speaker, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Dot Smart Speaker
- Restarting JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot Speaker
- Restart Amazon Echo Dot Speaker, How To
- How to Restart JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Force Restart Samsung J7
References for How to Reset JBL Flip 5 Speaker
- 2020-06-28: First published.