We show you here how to restart a JBL Go 2 Bluetooth speaker, to restore it to its default factory settings. Plus, it erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from the speaker’s memory. Removing these stops the speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the restart. Also, you might restart to make it ready or sale or re-gifting, or to stop the auto pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with when you turn it on.
How to Restart JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
1. Turn on the Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until the status lamp on the front top lights up and the guitar strum sound plays.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Guitar Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The JBL Go 2 Bluetooth speaker is ready for use after this sound finishes. It may or may not pair with a device, depending on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Go 2. Whether paired the reset works the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP and Bluetooth Buttons Together to Continue with How to Restart JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
Find the Bluetooth and Volume UP buttons. The BT button is on the top panel, second button in from the left edge of the speaker, and the Volume UP button is two buttons to its right. We circled both buttons in the next picture.
The JBL Go 2 Bluetooth speaker then begins the restart operation.
Then, within a second or two, the unit powers off after restart finishes, the falling guitar strum sounds, and after the status lamp goes dark, as shown next.
4. Check that the Restart of the JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker Did Indeed Work
Next, power on the speaker again, as described in step 1 above.
Note that after restart, the speaker comes up in ready-to-pair mode, with the status lamp rapidly flashing white.
5. Done with How to Restart JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker !
Restart of the JBL Go 2 Bluetooth speaker is now done. So you may now gift or sell it, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
As mentioned earlier. After restart, this JBL speaker no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device that happens to be in range and in Bluetooth pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you would manually pair the Go 2 with a desired device. Then after that, any time that both this speaker, and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing would automatically take place again.
Other Posts About the JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair JBL Go 2 with Echo Alexa Speakers
- JBL Go 2 Reset Instructions to Fix Pairing Problems
- How to Reset JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Go 2 Buttons Guide, What Each Button Does
- How to Connect JBL Go 2 to iPhone
Related Posts to How to Restart JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- Restart Honeywell Thermostat, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot, Amazon Dot
- Restart Alexa Smart Speaker, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Dot Smart Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Restart JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- 2020-06-30: First posted.