We show here how to restart a JBL Go 3 Bluetooth speaker, to restore it to its default factory settings. Plus, it erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from the speaker’s memory. Removing these stops the speaker from pairing to any nearby Bluetooth devices after the restart. Also, you might restart to make it ready or sale or re-gifting, or to stop the auto pairing with devices you no longer wish it to pair with when you turn it on.
How to Restart JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
1. Turn on the Speaker
Press and hold the Power button until the status lamp on the right ide lights up and the guitar strum sound plays.
Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above.
Then, the status light comes on, as shown next.
2. Wait for the Power Up Guitar Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The JBL Go 3 is ready for use after this sound stops.
Now it may or may not pair with a device, depending on whether there are any in-range Bluetooth devices that know about the Go 3. But whether paired or not, the restart works the same way, as follows.
3. Press the Volume UP and Bluetooth Buttons Together to Continue with How to Restart JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
Find the Bluetooth and Volume UP buttons. The BT button is on the right side panel, second button down from the top of the speaker. The Volume UP button is on the top, nearest to the right edge of the speaker. We pointed blue arrows at both buttons in the next picture.
The JBL Go 3 then begins the restart operation.
Then, within a second or two, the unit powers off after restart finishes, the falling guitar strum sounds, and after the status lamp goes dark, as shown next.
4. Check that the Restart of the JBL Go 3 Did Indeed Work
Next, power on the speaker again, as explained in step 1 above.
Note that after restart, the speaker comes up in ready-to-pair mode, with the status lamp rapidly flashing white.
5. Done with How to Restart JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker !
Restart of the JBL Go 3 Bluetooth speaker is now done. So you may gift or sell it, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
Now after restart, this speaker no longer automatically connects with any previously paired Bluetooth device that happens to be in range and in Bluetooth pairing mode. Thus, to restore automatic Bluetooth pairing, you would manually pair the Go 3 with a desired device. Then after that, any time that both this speaker, and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing would automatically take place again.
Other Posts About the JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Go 3 Low Frequency Mode, Extra Bass
- JRed Light Stays ON, Won’t Turn OFF, on the JBL Go 3 Speaker
- JBL Go 3 Battery Indicator, Charging Indicator Light
- Go 3 JBL Buttons, Meanings Functions, Combinations
- How to Reset JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to How to Restart JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- Restarting JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot Speaker
- Restart Amazon Echo Dot Speaker, How To
- How to Restart JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
References for How to Restart JBL Go 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- 2021-07-13: First posted.