Shows how to restart the JBL Xtreme Bluetooth speaker to restore it to default factory settings. Restarting erases any earlier paired Bluetooth devices from memory, and stops the JBL Xtreme from pairing to any nearby active Bluetooth devices that happen to be in range. Also, you might restart the unit to get it ready for sale or re gifting. So learn how to restart it in the following paragraphs.
How to Restart JBL Xtreme
1. Turn on the JBL Xtreme
When the unit is off, all buttons are dark, including the Power button, as shown next.
Then, press and release the Power button. That button should right away light up as shown in the following pictures. Find the Power button, as shown in the last picture above, pointed at by the green arrow.
Next, the Power button comes on, as shown next. In our case, since we’ve paired the Xtreme JBL with a tablet before, it automatically pairs with it now. We know that because the Power button glows solid blue, rather than blinking blue or white. Yours may glow different colors or flash patterns depending on the speaker’s pairing state.
2. Wait for the Power Up Sound
The speaker makes a rising electric guitar strum sound when it powers up. The speaker is ready for restarting after this sound dies down. If your JBL Xtreme pairs with an in-range Bluetooth device, you’ll also hear the three rising single guitar notes a few seconds after the startup cord. Nonetheless, whether or not the speaker pairs with a Bluetooth device does not change how you restart it. In either case, how you restart the JBL Xtreme is the same, as we detail next.
3. Press the Volume UP and Play-Pause Buttons Together to Continue with How to Restart JBL Xtreme
See the next picture to find the Pause Play and UP Volume buttons.
The JBL Xtreme then enters restart mode, as shown in the next picture.
Note that both the Power and Connect buttons light up for a couple seconds as the speaker restart advances. The Power button glows a pale blue or white, and the Connect button glows gray-white for a second or two. We circled these buttons in green, as shown next.
Then after a short pause, the unit turns off. All the lights go off, and it makes the power-down guitar sound.
4. Next, Check that the Restart Did Indeed Happen
Next, power on the JBL Xtreme again, as described in step 1 earlier. In short, press and release the Power button, as shown next.
Now this time, the speaker immediately comes up in Bluetooth pairing mode, as pictured next.
Note that we did not press the Bluetooth button first, as after reset, the speaker automatically enters Bluetooth pairing mode. Note that the Power button blinks blue to denote Bluetooth discovery mode. When the Power button blinks blue or shows as solid white, the Xtreme JBL is not currently paired. We expect it not to pair to anything after a restart.
5. Done with How to Restart the JBL Xtreme !
Restart of this Bluetooth speaker is finished now. So you may now pack it up for sale, or pair it again with your favorite Bluetooth devices.
As noted earlier, the JBL Xtreme will no longer automatically pair with any previously paired in-range BT device in pairing mode. So, to restore this auto pairing, you’ll need to forget the prior paired JBL Xtreme listed in the Bluetooth devices section of your source device settings. Once done, then manually pair the speaker with that device again if so desired. Then after that, any time that both speaker and that device have Bluetooth turned on, pairing with automatically happen once again.
Related Posts to How to Restart the JBL Xtreme
- How to Restart Echo Dot Smart Speaker
- Restarting Chromecast Audio
- How to Restart Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Restarting Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Echo Dot 3rd Generation
- Restarting the JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Google Home Speaker
- How to Restart Google Home Mini Speaker
- Restarting JBL Go 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Charge 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Samsung Galaxy J7 Android Phone
- Restart Honeywell Thermostat, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot, Amazon Dot
- Restart Alexa Smart Speaker, How To
- How to Restart Alexa Dot Smart Speaker
- How to Restart JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth Speaker
- Restarting JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Restart Alexa Echo Dot Speaker
- Restart Amazon Echo Dot Speaker, How To
- How to Restart JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- Force Restarting of Samsung J7 Phone
Other Posts About the JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Reset Button Location, Where to Find It
- Pair JBL Xtreme to iPhone, How To
- How to Find JBL Xtreme Speaker Firmware Version Instructions
- JBL Xtreme Low Frequency Mode, How to Switch ON
- How to Pair JBL Xtreme with Amazon Alexa Echo Speakers
- Pair JBL Xtreme with Google Home, How To
- JBL Xtreme Buttons Meanings, Button Combinations
- How to Charge JBL Xtreme Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Xtreme Charger Cord Specs
- Updating Firmware on JBL Xtreme Speaker, How To
- JBL Xtreme Power Cord AC Adapter Charger Specs
- How to Connect JBL Xtreme with iPhone
- JBL Xtreme Change Name, How to Rename this BT Speaker
- How to Tell if JBL Xtreme is Charging
- JBL Xtreme Speaker Specs, Specifications
References for How to Restart the JBL Xtreme BT Speaker
- 2020-06-29: First published.