In this post, we show how to set temperature range Honeywell Thermostat RTH9580WF. Now why would you wish to change the upper and lower temp limits on a thermostat (t-stat)? Perhaps you are a landloard wishing to control heating and fuel costs in your tenants’ dwelling. Or, you need to keep your kids from setting the temperature too high or low to preserve your own comfort. Or, you want to save on HVAC wear and tear by disallowing ranges of temperature settings that would make it work too hard. For any of these and perhaps many other reasons we haven’t thought of, you’d like to restrict how high and low the heating and cooling temperatures can be set.
Setting the temperature range limits on a Honeywell thermostat really a simple process once you know where to find these adjustments. Our Honeywell RTH9580WF t-stat that we’re demonstrating here, does indeed have high and low temperature range limit settings. This is the t-stat we use in our home. So, we’ll discuss next, how to set this temperature range for better energy control and HVAC system savings from this t-stat.
How to Set Temperature Range Honeywell Thermostat
Many Honeywell t-stats support limiting how low or high their heating and cooling temperatures may be set. So here, we show how to set the temperature range limit it on our RTH9580WF WiFi thermostat. First, you start at the Home screen, as shown next.
1. Tap the MENU Button on the Thermostat Home Screen
This then brings up the RTH9580WF main menu.
We also scrolled down using the arrow buttons, to bring the Preferences item into view as shown next.
2. Next, Tap the Preferences Button
Find this button pointed at by the pink arrow in the last picture.
The Preferences screen then shows, as seen next. We then scrolled down using the arrow buttons, to bring the Advanced Preferences item into view.
3. Tap the Advanced Preferences Button to Continue with How to Set Temperature Range on Honeywell Thermostat
This shows the first in a series of advanced settings screens then; the Scheduling Options screen, as shown next.
4. Repeatedly Press Green Next Button Until you Reach the Temperature Limits Settings Screen
See this screen shown next,
5. Set the Minimum Cool Limit Temperature Range Value
On the left half of the Temperature Limits page is the Minimum Cool Limit adjustment control, as circled in green in the next picture.
Tap the UP and DOWN arrows until the minimum cool limit temperature you want appears. We set ours to 50 degrees. See this in the last picture. This means that our cooling system will never try to cool our home to any temp cooler than 50 degrees F.
6. Set the Maximum Heat Limit Temperature Range Value
On the right half of the Temperature Limits page is the Maximum Heat Limit adjustment control. We circled this in green in the next picture.
Tap the UP and DOWN arrows until the maximum heat temperature you want shows up in the control. We set ours to 90 degrees here. This means that our heating system will never warm our home to any temp hotter than 90 degrees.
7. Press the Red Done Button to Continue with How to Set Temperature Range on Honeywell Thermostat
Once you have set both the max heat and min cool temp values, tap the Done button, as pointed at by the green arrow in the next picture.
The RTH9580WF then returns you to the Preferences screen, as shown next.
8. Next, Press the Previous Menu Button
Find the Previous Menu button in the last picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
This takes you back to the Main Menu, as shown next.
9. Press the Home Button
This takes you back to the t-stat-s home screen.
11. Done with How to Set Temperature Range on Honeywell Thermostat !
We have now successfully set Honeywell thermostat temperature range limits on our RTH9580WF WiFi thermostat. Hope this piece helps you to do the same on your thermostat.
Related Posts to How to Set Temperature Range on Honeywell Thermostat
- How to Clear Schedule on Honeywell Thermostat
- Troubleshooting Honeywell T-Stat WiFi Problems RTH9580WF
- How to Connect Honeywell Thermostat to Google Home
- Solving Honeywell Thermostat Connection Problems
- Changing Time and Day on Honeywell WiFi Thermostat RTH9580WF
References for How to Set Temperature Range on Honeywell Thermostat
- 2019-05-04: Tuned the targeting and added tags.
- 2019-01-13: First published.