How to tell if JBL Clip 2 is charging? This hanging Bluetooth speaker has one multi-color LED lamp on its top, behind the clip, as shown in the pictures that follow. This light shows speaker power ON OFF and pairing status. It also tells battery level and charging status. To see if the Clip 2 is charging, check out this light. We explain how to interpret it next.
How to Tell if JBL Clip 2 is Charging
1. Connect your Clip to Mains Power
Of course, you can rest assured that the Clip Two is NOT charging with no power cord connected.
2. Check the Status / Power LED on Speaker Top, Behind the Clip
When the speaker is powered OFF, you can tell if the JBL Clip 2 is charging if this light glows steady red. When the Clip 2 is powered ON while charging, the lamp either glows solid purple, or blinks blue and purple, depending on whether it’s paired with anything or now. It flashes when unpaired. It glows solid purple when paired.
When not charging, and the battery inside is low on power, and the Clip 2 is powered on, this light blinks blue and purple. or blue and red. The colors you get depend on the speaker’s connection status. You get blue and purple when the speaker is paired, and blue and red when it is not.
If the Clip 2 flashes or glows steady blue with the power cord connected, then the Clip 2 is not charging, and you need check your USB cable, adapter charger, and power source for malfunctions. Try a new USB wall adapter or a different cord. You want this light either glowing solid red, when the speaker is OFF, or glowing or flashing purple when the speaker is ON.
Also, the Clip 2 warms a trifle as it charges as do most charger adapters you would run it with. This heating is a rapid-fire way to tell if the JBL Clip is indeed charging.
As speaker charging advances toward the finish line, the status LED continues glowing red or purple. But unlike some of the more expensive JBL wireless speakers, the Clip 2 gives no reading of just how far along the charging battery is, just that recharging is in progress. See the red glowing lamp in the last picture, pointed at by the green arrow.
3. When the LED Goes Out or Turns Solid or Flashing Blue, Charging is Complete
The battery charge cycle is done when the status LED changes from red and / or purple to any blue color pattern as well as going OFF altogether, as shown in the next two pictures.
Even with the charger cord still plugged in, and when the Clip 2 is OFF, this lamp stops glowing entirely when the internal battery is full, as shown next. The Clip 2 no longer recharges when the battery reaches full charge condition.
4. Finally, Unplug the JBL Clip 2 and Turn it On
If the power LED flashes solid or flashing blue, as pictured above, this could mean that the Clip 2 did indeed charge when attached to external power, particularly if the speaker was dead or near dead before you plugged it in. But with the USB cable disconnected, we cannot know just by reading the power LED, just how much the Clip 2 actually recharged, only that it did charge some. It probably did recharge to full though, especially if we waited until the light stopped glowing red or purple before disconnecting the charger.
5. Done with How to Tell if JBL Clip 2 is Charging
Happy Clip 2 listening!
Related Posts to How to Tell if JBL Clip 2 is Charging
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 2 is Charging
- JBL Clip 2 Charging Instructions, How to Charge Clip 2
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 3 is Charging
- JBL Clip 2 Reset Instructions, How to Reset Speaker
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 4 is Charging
- JBL Go 2 Is Charging, How to Tell
- How to Tell if JBL Xtreme is Charging
- Telling if JBL Charge 3 is Charging
- How to Tell if JBL Clip 3 is Charging
References for How to Tell if JBL Clip 2 is Charging
- 2020-04-11: Added more tags.
- 2019-05-15: Tuned the targeting for ‘How to Tell if JBL Clip 2 is Charging’ and added tags.
- 2019-02-11: First released.