How to tell if JBL Flip 3 is charging? Well, this Bluetooth speaker sports a row of LED lights across its top, as shown in the pictures below. These display battery status. In short, look at these to see Flip 3 charging in action.
How to Tell if JBL Flip 3 is Charging
1. Connect your JBL Flip 3 to AC Power to Start Charging
See our How to Charge JBL Flip 4 Wireless Bluetooth Speakers piece for more details on proper AC adapter selection and how to connect the USB charge cable.
2. Look at the Battery Status Lights for Signs of Charging
There are five lamps that light in succession as the speaker battery charging progresses, as shown in the next picture. You can tell if the JBL Flip 3 is charging if you see one of these lamps blinking white. When the battery is completely dead, the light on the far left blinks white while charging. Then as the battery fills, that lamp stops flashing, and gives a steady white glow. At that time, the next lamp to the right starts blinking white.
Note however that you may see the first lamp (far left) blink red. This does not mean that charging is proceeding. Instead, it means that the speaker battery is critically low and should be recharged immediately. It only flashes red when the battery is nearly dead and AC power has not yet been connected to the speaker. When you apply adequate USB power, this red flashing light begins blinking white. This light never flashes red while charging is happening.
3. When All Lamps Light Up Solid, Charging is Finished
As speaker charging continues, more and more of the lamps light up solid, and the flashing moves further to the right, until it reaches the last of these five battery level indicator lamps.
Battery charging is complete when all but the last of the battery status lights light solid. The last one continues to blink for several minutes. Again, you know that charging is occurring if one of the battery charge level lamps is flashing white.
This next picture shows the speaker just before completing a full charge cycle. Note that all the lamps in the battery status meter are glowing. However, the last one continues to blink.
The battery recharge cycle finishes when all battery status gauge lights go out, as shown next. Thus, the battery is no longer charging when all lamps are OFF. Even with the AC charger still connected, no lamp glows when battery is full.
4. Done with How to Tell if JBL Flip 3 is Charging !
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 3
- JBL Flip 3 Change Name, How to Rename JBL Speaker
- Updating Firmware on JBL Flip 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 3 Buttons Guide, What Each Button Does
- Where is the JBL Flip 3 Reset Button Located
- Charging JBL Flip 3 Instructions for Fully Recharging
Related Posts to How to Tell if JBL Flip 3 is Charging
- Telling that JBL Clip 2 Speaker is Charging
- Charging JBL Flip 3 Instructions
- How to Tell if UE Roll is Charging, Recharging
- Pairing JBL Flip 3 to Google Home Original Mini Max Speakers, How To, Bluetooth Pairing Instructions
- How to Tell if JBL Flip 4 is Charging
References for How to Tell if JBL Flip 3 is Charging
- 2020-04-08: Added tags.
- 2019-05-14: Tweaked the targeting for ‘How to Tell if JBL Flip 3 is Charging’.
- 2019-02-10: First posted.