How to tell if JBL Flip 4 is charging? Well, this Bluetooth speaker features a bank of lights across its top panel, as shown in the pictures that follow. These display battery status. In short, look at these to see Flip 4 charging progress.
How to Tell if JBL Flip 4 is Charging
1. Connect your JBL Flip 4 to AC Power to Start Charging
See our How to Charge JBL Flip 4 Wireless Bluetooth Speakers piece for more details on proper AC adapter selection and how to connect the USB charge cable.
2. Look at the Battery Status Lights
There are five lamps that light in succession as the speaker battery charging progresses, as shown in the next picture. You can tell if the JBL Flip 4 is charging if you see one of these lamps blinking white. When the battery is completely dead, the light on the far left blinks white while charging. Then as charging progresses, that lamp stops flashing, and assumes a steady white glow. At that point, the next lamp to the right starts blinking white.
Note however that you may see the first lamp (far left) blink red. This does not mean that charging is proceeding. Instead, it means that the speaker battery is critically low and should be recharged immediately. It only flashes red when the battery is nearly dead and AC power has not yet been connected to the speaker. When you apply adequate USB power, this red flashing light begins blinking white. This light never flashes red while charging is happening.
3. When All Lamps Light Up Solid, Charging is Finished: How to Tell if JBL Flip 4 is Charging
As speaker charging continues, more and more of the lamps light up solid, and the flashing moves further to the right, until it reaches the last of these five battery level indicator lamps.
Battery charging is complete when all but the last of the battery status lights light solid. The last one continues to blink for several minutes. Again, you know that charging is occurring if one of the battery charge level lamps is flashing white.
This next picture shows the speaker just before completing a full charge cycle. Note that all the lamps in the battery status meter are glowing. However, the last one continues to blink.
The battery recharge cycle finishes when all battery status gauge lights go out, as shown next. Thus, the battery is no longer charging when all lamps are OFF. Even with the AC charger still connected, no lamp glows when battery is full.
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 4 Portable Speaker
- How to Pair JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- JBL Flip 4 Charger Replacement Suggestions
- Finding JBL Flip 4 Firmware Version
- How to Charge JBL Flip 4 Wireless Bluetooth Speakers
- JBL Flip 4 Buttons Meaning, Lighted Buttons Described
Related Posts to How to Tell if JBL Flip 4 is Charging
- How to Tell if JBL Go 2 Is Charging
- Telling if JBL Charge 3 is Charging
- How to Tell if JBL Clip 2 is Charging
- Telling if JBL Clip 3 is Fully Charged
References for How to Tell if JBL Flip 4 is Charging
- 2020-04-08: Added more tags.
- 2019-04-06: Tweaked key phrase targeting.
- 2018-12-17: First published.