How to tell if Sony SRS XB10 Bluetooth speaker is charging? This extra bass speaker has an orange LED light on its front, near the bottom, as shown in the pictures above. This light flashes when the battery is nearly dead. But it also tells battery level (to a degree) while charging. To see if the XB10 is charging, check out this lamp. We explain how to understand it next.
Summary of How to Tell that the Sony SRS XB10 is Charging
- Connected and working power cable is present.
- The CHARGE light glows steadily.
- The speaker and charger typically heat slightly.
- The CHARGE lamp eventually goes out.
- This lamp does not flash after a charge, which means that some level of charging did take place.
How to Tell if the Sony SRS XB10 Speaker is Charging, Details
Connect your XB10 to USB Power
Of course, you can rest assured that the speaker is NOT charging with no power cable plugged in.
Check the CHG LED is Glowing Orange
When the speaker is powered OFF, you can tell if the Sony SRS XB10 is charging if this light glows steady orange. This solid red glow occurs while charging, when the speaker is either powered on, paired, OR, powered OFF. When not connected to a charger, this light blinks when the battery has about run entirely out of power.
If the SRS XB10 CHG lamp glows steady or flashes when the power cord is connected, then the speaker may not be charging. So you should check that your USB cable, adapter charger, and power source are in working order. Try a new USB power adapter or another cord. You want this light glowing solid to know for sure that the XB10 is charging.
Additionally, the bottom of the Sony SRS XB10 warms a smidge as the speaker charges, as do most of the charger adapters you run it with. This heating is a near sure-fire way to tell if the speaker is indeed charging.
As speaker charging advances toward finish, the CHG LED continues glowing. But unlike some of the higher grade wireless speakers, the XB10 gives no reading of just how far along its recharging is, just that the recharging is in progress.
When the CHG LED Goes Out or, Charging is Done
The battery charge cycle is finished when the CHG LED goes dark.
Even with the charger cord still plugged in, and when the XB10 is powered down, this lamp stops glowing entirely when the internal battery is full, as shown in the last picture above. The speaker no longer recharges when the battery reaches full charge condition and this light shuts off.
Finally, Unplug the Sony SRS XB10 and Turn it On
With the USB cable disconnected, we cannot know just by reading the CHG or Status LEDs, just how much the SRS XB10 actually recharged, only that it did charge some. It probably did recharge to full though, as long as we waited until the CHG lamp stopped glowing before unplugging the charger.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB10 BT Speaker
- Sony SRS XB10 Battery Life, How to Check Battery Level
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB10 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Connect Sony SRS XB10 Speaker to Alexa Echo
- Resetting the Sony SRS XB10 Speaker, Hard Factory Reset
- How to Charge Sony SRS XB10 Bluetooth Speaker
Related Posts to How to Tell if Sony SRS XB10 is Charging
- How to Tell if Sony SRS X11 is Charging
- Sony SRS XB21 Speaker, How to Tell that It is Charging
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB22 is Charging
- Telling if the Sony SRS XB31 is Charging
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB33 is Charging
References for How to Tell if Sony SRS XB10 is Charging
- How do I Know if my Speaker is Charging, at BestBuy.com
- Sony SRS XB10 Bluetooth Speaker Official Product Page at Sony.com
- 2020-08-20: Originally posted.