We explain how to turn off the JBL Charge 5 BT speaker here. Now most speakers have a Power button that they prominently position on the unit so it’s easy to find. Indeed, this portable speaker is no exception to this pattern, as we find its Power button on the side button panel to the left of the Bluetooth button, as we see next. We start this demo with the speaker powered UP.
There’s also a status lamp inside the Power button, that glows when the speaker is ON, as we point out in the last picture. Then it goes dark when the speaker shuts OFF, as we point out in the next picture.
How to Turn Off the JBL Charge 5 Ultra Portable Powerbank Speaker
To power down this speaker, press the Power button. Then release after a quarter second or so. Moreover, you needn’t hold it in for too long for the unit to see your press and then turn itself on.
When the speaker goes OFF, the status lamp darkens, and the unit makes an interesting falling guitar slide sound to let you know that it is shutting off. Note that if you’re charging the speaker, and it is not yet fully charged, the battery gauge will glow still, even with the speaker turned off. Also note that you may still charge other devices from the power bank in this speaker even though it is OFF.
But if pressing the Power button does not switch off the unit, then your speaker might be in service mode. So if the unit won’t turn off, try connecting a USB-C charger to it and take it out of this mode. Or you can try resetting the speaker by following our JBL Charge 5 Reset Instructions.
Related Posts to How to Turn Off the JBL Charge 5 Portable Speaker
- How to Turn Off JBL Flip 2 Mini Bluetooth Speaker
- Turning Off the Wonderboom 2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Turn Off Wonderboom BT Speaker
- Turning Off the Sony SRS XB43 Poolside Speaker
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB10 Wireless Speaker
Other Posts About the JBL Charge 5 Power Bank Speaker
- How to Turn On This JBL BT Speaker
- Turning On JBL Charge 5 Extra Bass Mode
- How to Know if This JBL Power Bank Speaker is Charging
- How to Make This JBL Bluetooth Speaker Discoverable
- Software Upgrade Instructions for This JBL Speaker