We explain how to turn OFF the JBL Clip 3 Bluetooth waterproof speaker here. Now most speakers have a Power button that JBL prominently places on the unit so it’s easy to find. Indeed, this speaker is no exception, as we find its Power button on the right side button panel. E.g. See this next.
There’s also a status lamp on the top of the unit, that glows steadily or flashes when the speaker is running, as we highlight in the next picture.
Furthermore, this LED is dark when the speaker is OFF, as seen above.
How to Turn Off the JBL Clip 3 Speaker
To power down this Bluetooth speaker, press the Power button. Then release after a quarter second or so. Keep in mind that you needn’t hold it in for too long for the unit to see your press and then turn itself OFF.
When the speaker cuts OFF, the status lamp also goes out, and the unit makes the signature JBL power-down sound to let you know that it is now going offline.
But if pressing the Power button does not switch off the speaker, it could be that your speaker is in service mode. So if the unit won’t turn off, try connecting a USB charger to it and take it out of this mode. Or you can try resetting the speaker by following our JBL Clip 3 Reset Instructions.
But if after all these checks the speaker still does not turn OFF, or does not STAY off when you connect a power cable, then the unit itself may be broken. So in that case, given its relatively low cost, just get a new one.
Related Posts to How to Turn Off the JBL Clip 3 BT Speaker
- How to Turn Off JBL Clip 4 Ultra Portable Speaker
- How to Turn Off JBL Charge 3 Bass BT Speaker
- Turning Off the JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Turn Off JBL Charge 5 Splash Proof Speaker
- Turning Off the JBL Flip 2 BT Speaker
Other Posts About the JBL Clip 3 Speaker
- How to Turn On This JBL Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Turn On This JBL Speaker’s Extra Bass Mode
- Update Firmware Instructions for This JBL Portable BT Speaker
- What is the Low Frequency Mode on This JBL Speaker?
- Charging Indicator Lamp on the JBL Clip 3
- 2021-09-12: First published.