We explain how to turn off the JBL Flip 5 BT speaker here. Now most speakers have a Power button that they prominently position on the unit so it’s easy to find. Indeed, this speaker is no exception to this pattern, as we find its Power button on the side button panel, as we see next. We start this demo with the speaker powered UP.
There’s also a status lamp inside the Power button, that glows when the speaker is ON, as we point out in the last picture. Then it goes dark when the speaker shuts OFF, as we point out in the next picture.
How to Turn Off the JBL Flip 5 Wireless Speaker
To power down this speaker, press the Power button. Then release after a quarter second or so. Moreover, you needn’t hold it in for too long for the unit to see your press and then turn itself on.
When the speaker goes OFF, the status lamp darkens, and the unit makes an interesting falling guitar slide sound to let you know that it is shutting off. Note that if you’re charging the speaker, and it is not yet fully charged, the battery gauge will glow still, even with the speaker turned off.
But if pressing the Power button does not switch off the speaker, it could be that your speaker is in service mode. So if the unit won’t turn off, try connecting a USB-C charger to it and take it out of this mode. Or you can try resetting the speaker by following our JBL Flip 5 Reset Instructions.
Related Posts to How to Turn Off the JBL Flip 5 Portable Speaker
- How to Turn Off Wonderboom 2 Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Turn Off Wonderboom Bluetooth Speaker
- Turning Off the Sony SRS XB43 Party Speaker
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB10 Extra Bass Speaker
- How to Turn Off Sony SRS XB13 Extra Bass Speaker
Other Posts About the JBL Flip 5 Party Speaker
- How to Power Up This JBL Speaker
- How to Turn On This Speaker’s Bass Mode
- Charging Instructions for This JBL Speaker
- Bluetooth Pairing Instructions for This Speaker
- How to Connect JBL Flip 5 to iPhone