This speaker comes equipped with a set of LED party lights that, by default, blink, scan, and pulsate in all sorts of colors to the beat of whatever you play on the speaker. However sometimes, you may not want a party atmosphere, like when you want to listen to the speaker while drifting off to sleep or during the day in a bright area, where you can’t see these lights anyway. So we explain here how to turn off the Sony SRS XB41 lights for just these times.
To turn off the lights, you need to find the LIGHT-BATT button. We find this control on the back of the speaker, inside the ports compartment, as we see in the next picture.
How to Turn Sony SRS XB41 Party Lights OFF, Step by Step
These lamps, which light the interior of the four speakers on the front of the unit as well as others that light up the left and right edges as well as the top and bottom, are set to display their light show by default. They work either when fresh out of the box, or after a hard reset.
- Open the port compartment cap at the rear of the speaker with a fingernail, coin or blunt straight edge screwdriver.
- Turn these lights off by pressing and holding for three seconds the LIGHT-BATT button. Doing so may save a bit of battery power, especially when you don’t really need to waste any on running these lamps. E.g. Like when playing the speaker in daylight or in a bright room where the lights would be harder to see anyway. In the next picture, we show what the XB41 looks like with its lights OFF.
Then when you want to turn them back on again, simply repeat what you did above. I.e. Press and hold in the LIGHT-BATT button for three seconds. At that point, the party glow from the speaker resumes.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB41 Speaker
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB41 is Charging
- How to Put Sony SRS XB41 in Pairing Mode
- Pairing the Sony SRS XB41 BT Speaker
- How to Make Sony SRS XB41 Discoverable
- How to Hard Reset Sony SRS XB41
References for How to Turn Off Lights on Sony SRS XB41 Speaker
- 2021-09-27: First published.