This speaker comes equipped with a set of party LED lights that, by default, blink, scan, and pulsate in all sorts of colors to the beat of whatever you play on the speaker. However sometimes, you may not want a party atmosphere, like when you want to play the speaker while drifting off to sleep or during the day in a bright area, where you can’t see the lights anyhow. So we show here how to turn off the Sony SRS XB43 lights for just these situations.
To turn off the lights, you need to find the LIGHT-BATT button. We find this control on the back of the speaker, inside the ports compartment, as we see in the next picture.
How to Turn Sony SRS XB43 Party Lights OFF, Step by Step
These lamps, which light the interior of the four speakers on the front of the unit as well as others that light up the left and right edges are set to display their light show by default. They work either when fresh out of the box, or after a factory reset.
- Open the port compartment cap at the rear of the speaker with a coin or dull butter knife.
- You can turn these lights off by pressing and holding for three seconds the LIGHT-BATT button inside that port. Doing so may save a bit of battery power, especially when you don’t really need to waste any on running these lamps. E.g. Like when playing the speaker in daylight or in a bright room where the lights would be harder to see anyway. In the next picture, we show what the XB43 looks like with its lights OFF.
Then when you want to turn them back on again, simply repeat what you did above. I.e. Press and hold in the LIGHT-BATT button for three seconds. At that point, the party lamps will resume their usual flashing.
Other Posts About the Sony SRS XB43 Speaker
- Sony SRS XB43 Buttons Explained
- How to Tell if Sony SRS XB43 is Charging
- Sony SRS XB43 Hard Reset Instructions
- How to Read the Sony SRS XB43 Battery Indicator Light
- How to Make Sony SRS XB43 Discoverable
- Sony SRS XB13 Buttons Explained
- Sony SRS XB13 Battery Indicator, How to Read
- How to Connect Echo Dot to Sony Bluetooth Speaker
- How to Pair Sony SRS XB10 to iPhone
- Sony MDR V6 Studio Monitor Headphones Review
References for How to Turn Off Lights on Sony SRS XB43 Speaker
- 2021-09-19: First published.